Wow! It's so hard to believe that it is that time again! Time to list my favorite reads from 2012. It was really hard to pick my favorite books this year and I'm afraid that I had to make it 20 instead of 10! These are listed in the order that I read them. I have also linked the titles to my reviews just in case you are interested in why I loved each title!! So without further ado........here they are!
- The Lost Wife- this book made a huge impact on my soul.
- Backseat Saints- my first, but not my last, introduction to Joshilyn Jackson.
- Reservation Road- this book broke my heart
- Still Life- wonderful character building
- A Cottage By the Sea- Beautiful story, captured my imagination
- The Baker's Daughter- historical fiction at its finest!
- I Thought You Were Dead (audio)- this books was funny and heartbreaking. Fantastic narrator!
- Mariana- Hauntingly beautiful!
- The Snow Child- loved this one so much..would re-read it at some point!
- The Beginner's Goodbye (audio)- one of those quiet stories that squeeze your heart
- Sea Change- wonderful Southern fiction and I believed every word!
- Gone Girl- because sometimes you need a twisted book!!
- Cinder (audio)- highly original, imaginative, and awesomely narrated
- The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry- this book delivered and made me cry
- The Weight of Heaven- this author's prose blows me away!'
- Broken Harbor- OMG! Loved this one and can't get enough of Tana French!
- The Light Between Oceans- made me really questioned what I would have done...riveting!
- Mr. Churchill's Secretary- loved this historial fiction/mystery book and the main character
- In The Woods- crazy good!
- All of the Jill Shalvis books- sexy men, smart women, awesome locations = great reading!
I want to take a quick moment to just thank all of you for taking time to stop by my blog, read my posts, and leave me feedback! I consider you all friends and couldn't imagine sharing the love of the written word without you!! I hope everyone has a truly wonderful and blessed 2013!! Here's to a new year filled with love, laughter, happiness, prosperity, and great books!!!