1. Words to describe the book: saucy, hilarious, fun, cheeky, page-turner
2. Location or characters you met:
- Holly: What is not to like about Holly? She's got it together, well mostly, except for the bad habit of putting her bills in the freezer and pretending they don't exist. But look past that to her big heart and how loyal she is to her friends. I love this character. She's someone I could easily call a friend.
- Jason : He's the best best-friend a girl could ask for. I like his personality and how he always wants to take care of Holly.
- London: This is a city that I must visit before I die! I love the descriptions in the book and the way English people talk. The slang is pure enjoyment for me!!
- Boyfriend and family-perfect mix of cute, quirky, zany, and realistic....great combination!
- The email format is a hit with me. I really got into the whole communications scenario between the various characters.
- How the author was able to weave a story that felt complete using so little dialogue!!
- Cast of characters truly makes this book.
- I would like some definitions to the Brit slang used- just so I know how to incorporate correctly into my every day life!
Thank you to April of Sourcebooks, Inc. for sending me a review copy. I was not compensated for my review.
My thoughts on this book were in no way influenced by the author or publicist.
They are my personal reflections based solely on MY experience while reading this novel.
Release date: August, 2010Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca Pages: 535Genre: Hilarious British Chick-LitISBN: 978-1-4022-4114-7
Review Style patterned after Show Me 5
I agree with you on this book. It's a lot of fun, and Holly and her antics are hilarious. When I read the first book, I was worried about the e-mail format, but I really enjoyed it. Great review!ReplyDelete
This sounds like a lot of fun, and just perfect for summer. I like your new look!ReplyDelete
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh this sounds like FUN!!! And thanks for the tip on your header...sorry I haven't written ya back...we had friends in town and they only had last night free....so we had a late night (ugh...I am sooooooooo not young anymore! LOL!) with them! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)):):):):):):)ReplyDelete
Wow, new decor here at LITT. Very. very pretty! Me likes.ReplyDelete
I wish I liked Holly's Inbox as much as everyone else seems to. Fantastic review, Staci, you hit all the salient points perfectly.
This looks like a fun, fun read. Must add to my TBR list.ReplyDelete
Thanks for the review, you make me want to run out and pick this up!
This is sure a book I want to read, I am so curious to see if emails would work for meReplyDelete
Sounds like a fun read but I'm not sure it's for me. As much as I like epistolary novels, I'm really not fond of them when they comprise of emails. I'm not sure why but every time I try to read one, my brain crashes.ReplyDelete
Whenever I read a British book, I usually have to keep a British-American dictionary open on Google. I just get such a kick out of those British words! It always makes those books more fun for me!ReplyDelete
Love the new design!ReplyDelete
I love Brit Chick Lit. Seems right up my alley!
I really want to read this one! I keep reading good reviews on it!ReplyDelete
Next thing you know they'll be a novel of text messages!ReplyDelete
I have several British friends and I love our conversations about slang :)
I thought this book was loads of fun, too! I hope Holly comes back in another book.ReplyDelete
I've been wanting to read this one. I had no idea that it was in e-mail format, but that should be an intriguing twist.ReplyDelete
Like The Guernsey Literary...etc. (lol), with its epistolary style, it was a way to learn a lot about the characters.
Now it's definitely going on my list.
Love your review!
I read the first one and really enjoyed it - silly chick-lit, but fun. I'm looking forward to this one. I love the format!ReplyDelete
I'm glad you liked this one - it was fun and I loved it. I hope he puts out another one. I love all the slang - I use some of the words and drive my mother crazy. lol.ReplyDelete
I loved the first book, it was so much more fun than I thought it would be. I really need to get my hands on a copy of this one!ReplyDelete
This sounds like a fun read. BTW, I like your new header!ReplyDelete
I've got to read the Holly Inbox books, they sound like such fun after so many intense reads with difficult subject matter.ReplyDelete
I didn't accept this one becuase I wasn't sure about the email format. So glad you liked it! I really enjoy British chick-lit and when I read these books I swear I am living on the wrong continent!ReplyDelete
GReat review! and LOVE LOVE LOVE the new look. I am a bad sister for not stopping by sooner.