Saturday, January 17, 2009
#107 Here we go!
1. Enough with the __below zero temps, snow, ice,___.
2. __Blogging or reading?___ causes me to be conflicted.
3. I've been craving __Mint Dark Chocolate 3 Musketeers___.
4. __My son always___ makes me laugh.
5. I wish I could go to ___a warm place__ next week.
6. __My parents___ has been on my mind lately.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _taking a nap (I did)____, tomorrow my plans include _grocery shopping, laundry, and correcting papers_ and Sunday, I want to _finish Edgar Sawtelle_!
Saturday 9: The First Apartment brought to us by Crazy Sam
1. Where had you moved from?
2. Describe your first apartment.
It was the basement apartment in a big complex just east of Michigan State's campus.
3. How old were you when you had your apartment?
4. Did you have roommates? If yes, tell us more.
Yes, I shared the apartment with a fellow classmate from college. Her name was Claudia. We always had a great time together and we both liked having a neat place so we got along really well. I hate to admit it but I've lost touch with her over the years. I wonder what she's doing?
5. What was your place of employment then?
I worked at a shoe store called The Wild Pair. I worked my way up from a sales kid, to assistant manager and then finally a manager. I thought it was a fun job, except for the shoe fetish freaks who would stroke the 4 inch heels while looking at me....YUCK!! We had all the dancers from Dejavu come in every week to get their heels and thigh-high boots!! and yes even the 3 ugly ones came in....and boy were they ugly!!!
6. How were you finances at the time?
I thought I was doing all right because I had $ in the bank, $ in my pocket, $ for the bar, and gas in my car!!
7. Tell us about a lover who spent a night there.
He was a Marine that I met through a friend.
8. Tell us about a band you listen to then. (You can cheat. Look it up.)
This one is easy, Duran Duran, MC Hammer---can't touch this! Tone Loc, oh my god, I'm really dating myself!!! I will stop right now!!
9. How long did you live there and why did you move from there?
about a year. She wanted to move back to the Detroit area and I didn't want to have to find a new roomie so I moved to Jackson and stayed in the basement of my grandparent's house.
So, this morning I get up around 6:45, stumble out to the kitchen to make my coffee. No problem. Then I go to use the bathroom and flush the toilet and the water quits running!! No shit!! please, I say, please don't let the water be frozen out in the pump house!! I waited for a minute, turned the faucet on again...nothing. So I get my hubby's coat and snow boots on, grab my gloves, hair dryer, and flashlight. With my trusty dog by my side we made ort way out to the pump house. I noticed that the light we have on in there wasn't real close to this particular pipe that likes to freeze so I plugged in my hair dryer and let it run for about 5 minutes. I left the pump house and made my way into the house. As I was walking in the deep snow somehow my feet got ahead of me and I tumbled into the snow, loosing my boot and sock as I feel face first . My naked foot sunk into the snow!! I started to laugh and grabbed my sock and boot and put it back on immediately because the temp was 7 with a wind chill about -30!!! Made my way back into the house and turned on the faucet....WATER!!! I sang gloriously....Yeah!! then I made my way back out to the pump house to turn off the dryer and bring it back inside. As I was trying to close the door I kicked it with my boot and smashed the framing on it!! Good job Staci!! Then I stumbled my way back into the house. Boy did my coffee taste good after spending that time out in the cold wilderness!! After that I made a crock pot of chili, took a shower, and got ready to go into town to get groceries. I left the house around 10:30 and not one lazy butt was out of bed at this time! So I run into town to get my groceries and as I am coming out of Meijer what greets me? Yes, you guessed it.....snow, pelts of freezing rain, and winds about 100 mph!! Can I get a break....somewhere?
This is why winter sucks!!