* title on my copy is Conquering Mr. Darcy
2. Words to describe the book: a what if book that explores the idea of Mr. Darcy ardently pursuing Elizabeth and she reciprocates. This book is also romantic, lusty, fun, and for me very satisfying
3. Location or characters you met:
- Elizabeth Bennett: For those familiar with Pride and Prejudice, we all know Elizabeth and most of us love her character. There were a few times where her pride interfered with my ability to enjoy this story, but I guess the author had to make her stubborn up to a point. For the most part, I really liked how she gave in to her feelings for Darcy and enjoyed the physical aspect of their relationship.
- Mr. Darcy : this is the man I want pursuing me!! Holy moly....he really went out of his way to show Elizabeth how much he loves her and would do anything for her to be his wife. I liked him immensely!
- Pemberley: The reader gets to know Mr. Darcy's world a bit better in this story and to see how he and Georgia's extreme shyness could be taken in the wrong context. Pemberley is a place that I would love to visit and to walk the lawns with Mr. Darcy of course!
|Me reading a randy sex scene!!|
- The romantic storyline....I fell into this one hook, line, and sinker
- The lusty sex scenes...enjoyed every single one. Put a stupid smile on my face!
- I didn't care for Darcy continuing to call Elizabeth, "my love, my dear, etc....that was a bit overboard and more than just myself has made notice of this. Author could've cut out about half of those endearments and the book would still be great.
- I'm upset because my even after reading some parts out loud to my husband he still won't wear a Mr. Darcy t-shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I seriously want to read the author's other "what if" Austen books!
Thank you to Danielle of Sourcebooks. for sending me a review copy. I was not compensated for my review.
My thoughts on this book were in no way influenced by the author or publicist.
They are my personal reflections based solely on MY experience while reading this novel.
Review Style patterned after Show Me 5