Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tuesday Intros: Dogs and broken hearts!!


 posts the opening paragraph (maybe two) of a book
 she decided to read based on the opening paragraph (s).
 Feel free to grab the banner and play along!

My Tuesday Intros pick is, Lost Dogs and Lonely Hearts. I came across this author after reading a Trisha Ashley book during the holidays. I love Brit Chick Lit and who can resist this cover??? Not me! I decided to include the second paragraph because the first one really didn't point the reader in any direction.

Checked out from library

  When February started, Rachel Fielding had a middling-to-glamorous career doing PR for internet companies, a boyfriend who regularly bought her flowers and dressed better than she did, a cleaner, and a skin-age three years younger than her actual age, which was thirty-nine.
  By the second week, however, she had, in one simple maneuver, managed to lose the love of her life, her Chiswick flat and her job. Rachel also discovered, that same morning, her first grey streak, which stood out a mile in her thick dark hair, and got a text from her sister Amelia, accusing her of forgetting her niece's fifth birthday "because not having children doesn't mean you can be so bloddy selfish."

Would you continue reading this one
 based on the opening paragraph?


16 comments:

  1. This gal had a bad week! I love it and would keep reading. The cover is adorable:) Thanks so much for joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd continue reading to get to the dogs. I suppose that the finds comfort and understanding from her dogs and would love to read this book because of that alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at the cover .... the paragraph was the icing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover and the first paragraph sounds great too. This is definitely one I'll look for! (And wouldn't it be fun to have two dogs like those two? LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! In two paragraphs, you've managed to convey so much about the characters....and make me want to read this. Thanks!

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read your review! I hope the book is as good as the adorable cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I'd definitely keep reading. Love that cover, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Brit chick lit too. I'd keep reading. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like a skin age twenty years younger than my actual age which is ... never mind!
    Staci, this sounds like such fun. You can't judge a book by the cover but that one is striking! And Dillon's voice if fresh - the text from her sister is priceless. Keep reading! I didn't do First Paragraph this week but I did write up my take on The World Without You by Joshua Henkin if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd keep reading this one. I'm a sucker for characters like this who are down on their luck. It's always fun to see how they survive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keep reading! Looks terrific. Love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Dane on the cover is my daughter's dream dog! I always am drawn to covers with dogs. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd keep reading, and you know I love British ChickLit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would actually keep reading. That little bit made me curious and who could resist that cover! OMG they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely YES! and I'm a sucker for a dog on a cover and this one has two lol

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!