Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

Review: Finger Lickin' Fifteen


Finger Lickin' Fifteen
by Janet Evanovich
Published: 2009
Genre: Adult Escapism
Where did I get this book: Local library













My Thoughts:

Before you read any of the Stephanie Plum books you must first suspend all belief that any of this could happen, and then just jump in with both feet. I actually enjoyed this one more than a few others I've read in this series. Grandma is still her quirky ,crazy self, and Lula is forever eating and being sassy. There aren't any real developments going on here, just another day in the life of Stephanie Plum. But, I have to be honest and say that how much longer can Evanovich write this series without Plum making a choice between Joe and Ranger???? I'm tired of her teasing Ranger and then jumping into the sack with Joe at the end!! If something doesn't happen in the next.....say, 5 books....I may have to stop reading them!!

Here's what would happen if I wrote the book:

From the book:

I followed him to the door and watched him take his keys from the sideboard and pocket them. He pushed me to the wall, leaned in to me, and kissed me. "Later," he said, his lips brushing against mine. And he left. p. 65 (she lets him leave)

but if I wrote it

From Staci's wild imagination:

"No, Ranger don't go!!" Stephanie yelled. "I can't wait until later, later never comes." Ranger turns around grabs Stephanie, picks her up, and carries her back to bed.

Next scenario from the book:

He wrapped an arm around me and kissed me just above my ear. "There's something wrong with this picture," Ranger said. "You're in my bed a lot, but never with me." (he leaves..AGAIN!) p.116

From my Ranger obsessed thoughts:
"Ranger, I want to change that right now." Stephanie looked at him with tears in her eyes. "It's been a hard choice to make, but I love you, not Joe." Tugging him towards her, she whispers, "I never want to be in your bed without you."

I admit it, I have a slight crush on Ranger. But give a girl a break here!! Can't Ranger win this one? Who's with me? Who's for Joe? Who wants to see her make a choice? Who thinks that if she does it will ruin the books? Tell me!!!!!

16 comments:

  1. I'm with you Staci, It would be Ranger for me! Yowzer, just on paper, he can get my blood boiling.

    Did you read Plum Crazy? Hysterical lol funny.
    EEP!

    Have a great weekend, kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The next 5 books? You are certainly giving her a lot of time to torture you withe her decision. You must like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're too funny. I have only read 2 of Janet Evanovich's books and they were okay. The only thing I don't like is how predictable they are.

    Hopefully you get your wish and she ends up with the Ranger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe, Joe, Joe!!!!
    But yes I love Ranger too and in the end I want her to have both

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ranger, Ranger, Ranger! Morelli needs a Burg girl who's ready to settle down. For that to be Stephanie, she would have to lose her personality, give up her job, not have any fun at all. He knocks her down a peg (or ten). Ranger, on the other hand, takes her antics in stride. When she's in over her head, he gives her a life jacket. Morelli just yanks her out of the pool.

    This is fiction! I don't want to read about someone eating meatball subs and doing laundry while her boyfriend goes out and has all the fun. I want to read about someone who's in the thick of the action... especially if that action is with Ranger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope to read this on the weekend before I have to take it back to the library. lol. I've always had a secret crush on Ranger too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't decide between Ranger and Joe, so I totally understand why Stephanie can't either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my book for the weekend, but I can weigh in on Joe & Ranger. I think EVERYTONE has a crush on Ranger. I mean, really, how can you not?! But in the same breath, Joe is perfectly delicious and perhaps more of a forever thing than Ranger. I am in the same camp as you that I would like to see her make a choice. It may ruin the series, but I'm okay with that. I've read them all and it does get tedious that they all are pretty much the same lately. Maybe I'll change my mind after I read the latest...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read this one and all of the books in the series and understand what you're saying. I don't know why but it doesn't bother me that much that the books are more of the same...they are just fun to read. Although, I am starting to feel like there needs to be more happening to spice it up! I have a secret crush on Ranger...possibly because he is the more alluring, secretive one and Joe is the stable guy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that I'm not far enough in the series to decide which one I want Stephanie to choose but I do think that the author should have her make a choice at some point. Glad to see you still enjoy this series at 15 books later :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rewriting books now, eh? Sounds like Joanne Fluke's Hannah Swensen series.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hehe... I love the genre you named this. It's a perfect fit! I also adore your imagination scenarios...

    I am not sure if I want a decision made or not. I mean I do, but I wonder if it will hurt the books. I am a Joe girl though, and I think he would add some much needed stability for Stephanie. I am excited to read more about Grandma Mazur and Lula though. I wish the library would get this in for me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a Ranger girl!! I was hoping this one would do it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read these, but I think I would prefer your version ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Finished it this week too. I was mor interested in Granda M and Lula than Stephanie. She obviously loves Joe or she wouldn't hesitate with yummy Ranger.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't read any of these books. I still haven't decided whether I'll give them a try. I think it would annoy me that after all these books she still hasn't chosen her man. Sort of like those television shows and they don't end up together until the series finale. LOL

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!