The rules are simple, list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep! Then tag up to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap Award.
Well, I'll try to make it interesting but I have a hard time listing stuff about myself, but here I go!!!
- I get nostalgic and weepy very easy. Today I started to cry when I was talking to a co-worker about those little boys from the reality show Jon & Kate plus 8. The little boy's daddy called him, his "Maui Prince" or something like that and the little guy responded back to his dad, "Oh Daddy, please call me that all the time, I really like that name." Next thing I know I'm crying because I miss the days when my boys were 3 and 5. To me those were some of the best days of my life. I'm getting emotional right now!!
- I don't really like little kids. Only my own!! If they're not related to me then I don't have much patience with them. I'm bad....I'll admit it!
- I have many, many obsessive behaviors! I am constantly checking to make sure my wallet is in my purse even though I KNOW that it is because I just put it in there but that doesn't stop me asking my son to, "Check my purse, make sure my wallet is in it." I can't relax...I feel like I always have to be doing something. Even if I'm reading I will start laundy, dishes, and a million other projects and then I don't finish half of them!!
- I am a paper whore!! I like to scrapbook but I really believe that I just like buying pretty paper which I have no intention of never using.
- I love Spongebob Squarepants. I think he's hilarious. My favorite episode is where he and Patrick order a big screen television just so they can play in the box!! It cracks me up!
- I have a very strained relationship with my parents. And this is killing me inside.
- I want to send a postcard into Post Secrets because I need to tell a secret but without anyone knowing its me..just to get it off my heart.........maybe I should huh?
- While I was reading The Story of Edgar Sawtelle my dog Bruce was sitting beside me and I would get all emotional about dogs and tell Bruce how much I loved him and I would pet him and rub his face and kiss his nose....A few days later my husband said to me, "Hey, do you know what your stupid ass dog has been doing outside?" Me- "Uh, no what?" Hubby- "He's following the cat around and has been digging up Pistol's shit and eating it!" Me-"Oh my God, I'm so gonna kill that stupid dog!!" Bruce comes into the house and I look in him the eyes and say, "Why the hell can't you be a Sawtelle dog? I'm going to kick you out into the cold, cold world if you eat cat crap again!! And if you were a Sawtelle dog you would do it!!" And at that moment I truly could've given him away.
- I get extremely stressed out if I realize that I've left my book somewhere!! One time I accidentally left my book at work, so when I got home and had time to read I couldn't find it anywhere.....even though I had plenty of other books to read, I was so distraught that I couldn't concentrate, so I went to bed. Can I tell you how relieved I was to find it on my desk the next morning? I did tell you that I was a little OCD, remember?
- I truly hate to cook. I know the MOM is suppose to nourish her family but I ask you..who's nourishing me?
People I'm tagging:
- Heather at A Day in the Life
- Julie at The TuckerWoleck Clan
- Kathy at My Space...My Blog..My Life
Maybe Valium might help? Thanks for the tag - I did something similar on Facebook - only it was 25 things, so this'll be easy! ha ha ha....ReplyDelete
Will do it tomorrow - headed off to bed tonight.
And I know what you mean about the books - I hate leaving one somewhere when I'm in the middle of it. Then it becomes the single most important thing that I need. :)
You should definitely send in the postcard...how cool would that be to see it published?! Only you would know the details. I can be a bit Obessive about things also so I can relate..it gets harder with age when you forget where you left things!ReplyDelete
I've given you an award, please check my blog for the details!!
I am with you on the little ocd things... and the missing book. I get very upset if the book I'm into is not available. Also, I hate to cook. Cool list, Staci.ReplyDelete
Ok....U are JUST TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SWEET!!!!! Thank U soooooooooooooooooooooo MUCH for the award! :):):):):):):):):):):)ReplyDelete
I loveeeeeeeeeeee SPONGEBOB too!!!!!!!!! I love that episode U mentioned.....I can hear SPONGEBOB now...."Imaginationnnnnnnnnnn" hehehehehe :):):):):):):):):):)
LOVE YA GIRL! :):):):):):):):):)
Cooper eats wild rabbit droppings. Now almost every trip outside turns into a scavenger hunt for sticks and bunny nuggets.ReplyDelete
You are HYSTERICAL!!! I think we were separated at birth because I do the SAME THING with my wallet. I am constantly having my husband check my purse for that and the compartment for my cell phone. I'm so OCD too.ReplyDelete
I agree about the little kids thing too. If I know the kids it is one thing. I don't have children of my own. I do have to say that I love infants. I think they are adorable.
My sister has two labs...one eats shit and the other one doesn't. It is so nasty. If he could eat it and keep it down is one thing even though it is nasty as heck...but he eats it and then throws it up. Blech!! Horrendous.
I love the fact that I met a friend who is as OCD as me. LOL! I am also very emotional. I cried the other day and find that I should not watch the Discovery Health Channel. I was watching "Shrinking the World's Largest Man" and "Half Ton Dad" and all I did was cry. Forget "Extreme Makeover Home Edition"...I'm waterworks city with that show too.
I love that you're a "paper whore." I think we're related because I'm that way about office supplies...my office buys us all the essentials, but I have to have pretty Post-Its and special pens. Must be a holdover from my days of working at Office Depot!ReplyDelete
#2. I know people would be offended when I say I do not like kids. They're very cute and fun but not when you're trying to read over a cup of coffee at 7 am in the morning. Comes 7:15 every morning, a huge SUV stroller marches right into the coffee shop with two babies screaming.ReplyDelete
I finally got mine done! What? Almost a week late? LOL Thanks again :)ReplyDelete