The One-Day Way produces lasting results by taking you back to basics. No more complicated weight-loss strategies. No more expensive diet plans that achieve only temporary results. Instead, you will lose weight and get fit with Chantel's simple, high-energy meal plans and her at-home program for cardio exercise and strength training. She will teach you how to change the way you think, which leads to new actions. Before you know it you be strong, fit, and healthy. All it takes is doing things differently for twenty-four hours- and then repeating it.
Well, I'm pretty sure that everyone has at one time or another made a New Year's resolution to lose weight, eat better, and exercise. I know I have multiple times but somewhere down the line I sabotage myself and give up. There are several reasons why I really liked what the author was saying and I believe that if I follow her steps, I WILL be successful:
- She was over 250 pounds- she has been there!!
- I like the philosophy of One Day at a Time!! Don't plan out for 6 months....just be successful today!
- She concentrates on the inside and faith (not religion) How many of you have seen the new reality show with the winner of a past Biggest Loser? He gained back all of his weight...why? I believe it's because they only concentrated on the outside and not the emotional part of eating.
- You don't have to spend money!!!! No prepackaged foods...just a better way to eat!
- Stop setting up HUGE goals, and comparing myself with others...if I continue to do this I will not be successful. Instead, break big goals down into doable steps. Only compare my life today with MY life of yesterday or the day before.
- God validates me.....not other people!!!
- Stop dwelling in the past! Focus on today!
This book was provided for review by the Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing Group.