Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Shadowy Horses- Six Sentence Bookish Thoughts #70


What Shadowy Horses is about:
Verity Grey abandons her comfortable job at the British Museum to seek adventure on an archaeological dig in the wilds of Scotland. But when she arrives on site, she discovers that the excavation is being led by a discredited and eccentric old man who has forsaken scientific evidence. Instead, the entire team is following the word of a local boy who claims that he saw a ghostly Roman soldier in the fields.

I will readily admit that Susanna Kearsley has me wrapped around her little finger. She writes something and I will read it. The best part is that what she writes is so incredibly wonderful, that being a Kearsley Fan Girl brings me nothing but joy!! This book was beautiful from beginning to end, the storyline was intricate, and the characters became friends.  Visiting her blog before reading one of her books is valuable because she almost always posts pictures from the sites that gave her the inspiration for her stories and she often times gives the reader a glimpse into where some of her ideas gained fruition. Kearsley has delivered yet another fantastic piece of historical fiction and I'm thrilled that I started 2013 with a stellar read!!

Recommend? Without hesitation! Read all of her books if you ever get the chance, you won't regret it!

Source: NetGalley/Sourcebooks



Six Sentence Bookish Thoughts #70
© 2013, Staci of Life in the Thumb. All Rights Reserved. If you reading this on a site other than, Life in the Thumb or Staci's feed, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.

25 comments:

  1. I'm a fan too. Glad you loved this one - I have it on the TBR shelf ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a pretty solid endorsement! I love books about Scotland too so I will definitely look for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this one on my TBR!! Need to push it up to the top of the pile after reading your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Kearsley is very adept at sucking us into her world and not letting go. The Rose Garden is still my fave but I hope to get to this one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good praise. I like historical novels and archaeology novels so this is a good mix. I'm definitely interested in this one! Thanks for a rousing review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thought you might enjoy my friend's second book review here :) http://www.cindyderosier.com/2013/01/goal-35-library-roulette-part-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm wondering why I've never tried any of her books. I can tell you loved this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you liked this one too! I can't wait to read more by Susanna Kearsley.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait until the new Kearsley!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I own several books by this author, but still haven't read any (pathetic - I know). Glad u loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you liked it, I have it on my kindle to read--soon. I'm afraid she's hooked me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your thoughts on this one. I'll always have a soft spot for it being my first Kearsley read. The good thing is I've got 4 more of her treasures to dig into this year, I think Winter Sea is up next :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like another author I have yet to read and should be reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds interesting and, don't kill me, I haven't read Kearsley before. I think I will add this one to the TBR. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to get with it and add this author to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to read her books but I haven't gotten around to it. I need to make some time for her novels.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is one of those authors that I AM reading for the first time this year. I just have to as I hear so many good things about her books. And there is a read-a-long for one of her books later this month so I think that I'll have to join in :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think I have one of her books on my shelf. Will have to check since you love her writing so much!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Susanna Kearsley's book and have been known to push them onto anyone who will listen!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I finally dowloaded The Winter Sea to my Nook. Sooo looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another Kearsley!?! I do have several eBooks written by her. Which one is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!