About: (From FSB Associates)
Lizzie Glick longs to fit into her quiet Amish community. Her sisters, Emma and Mandy, are ready to get married and settle into the traditional rhythm of having children and keeping house. But Lizzie isn't sure that's what she wants for her future. It isn't that Lizzie doesn't want to stay Amish.
Why I wanted to read this book:
- It's no secret that I love books that feature the Amish way of life, so when I was offered the chance to read Amish fiction written by an ACTUAL Amish woman I immediately said yes!
- The promise of a great story about a strong-willed young girl who wonders if being Amish is what she wants out of life.
- Pretty much everything...the story was boring and very unimaginative.
- The author used the technique of flashback wayy tooo much!!!
- The story never really progressed. I felt like I had read forever,but I didn't go anywhere!
- Lizzie obsessed over being heavier than her sisters and the reader had to hear about her obsession in every single chapter.
- I just felt that there was no depth to this book. Maybe I'm unfairly comparing this one to other Amish fiction that I've read and for that I apologize.
My Rating: 2/5
Because of my low rating I feel the need to post links from other blogger's who read this one and enjoyed it. Please visit this site so that you get a balanced look at this novel.
Cindy's Love of Books
Source: Julie of FSB Associates
Lizzie Searches for Love, Book 1
By Linda Byler
Published by Good Books
May 2010;$13.99US; 978-1-56148-688-5
© 2010, Staci of Life in the Thumb. All Rights Reserved. If you reading this on a site other than, Life in the Thumb or Staci's feed, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.