About: (From author's website)
On receiving the very thing she wants—a divorce and the power to sell their house—over which they have fought the past year—Anna Manning learns that Edward, her soon-to-be ex-husband is dying from cancer.
Why I wanted to read this book:
- I was contacted by the author to see if I would like to read and review her book. I'm always interested in reading new authors so I welcomed the opportunity.
- The storyline drew me in and made me think what would I do in that situation. I can say that if I was married to the person as long as this character was I think I would have done the same thing.
- The drama between the family members felt very real. Especially the kids taking sides and going so far as to halt all communication with the other parent.
- As hard as I tried I just never felt connected to Anna. I liked her but that wasn't enough for me to really enjoy this book.
- I had a hard time feeling compassion for the dying husband. He held on to his bitterness way too long for me to feel sympathy.
- I felt that the emotions were still on the surface level. The author needed to go deeper for me.
My Rating: 2.75/5
Because of my low rating I feel the need to post links from other blogger's who read this one and enjoyed it. Please visit this site so that you get a balanced look at this novel. (if you've read/reviewed this one please send me your link!)
Mind Fog Reviews rated this one 5/5
Source: the author, Anjuelle Floyd
By Anjuelle Floyd
© 2010, Staci of Life in the Thumb. All Rights Reserved. If you reading this on a site other than, Life in the Thumb or Staci's feed, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.