About: (From Goodreads)
A greedy glutton meets a gruesome end in the latest Hamish Macbeth mystery. When the woman is found dead--and an apple stuck unceremoniously in her mouth--Macbeth has to postpone his wooing of the Tommel Castle Hotel proprietress, Priscilla, in order to solve the case.
Why I wanted to read this book:
- Several of my blogging buddies love cozy mysteries and this author. I found a bunch of them for 25 cents each last year at my library sale..I bought all that they had!!
- The witty writing!! It will certainly keep me coming back for more.
- Hamish- I like him and am cheering on his love sickness for Priscilla!!
- The setting of the story- Northern Scotland
- The characters- funny, eccentric, but yet so believable!!
- It was a fast 176 pages.
What didn't work for me:
- I enjoyed it all..just a fun read!
My Rating: 4/5
Source: My own shelves
© 2010, Staci of Life in the Thumb. All Rights Reserved. If you reading this on a site other than, Life in the Thumb or Staci's feed, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.