1. Words to describe the book: comfortable, funny, touching, quirky
2. Location or characters you met:
- The town of Lumby: I want to live there!! The description of Lumby and the front cover just makes me want to be there. This town is alive and a vibrant character in this story.
- Mark and Pam Walker : They're a couple who has it all and risk it for their dream life. I liked them both immensely and could see myself being friends with them.
- The monks: I liked their simplistic way of life and how they worked together to save their monastery.
- Supporting characters: You have your strange, eccentric, busybodies, good-hearted, and a few mean-spirited residents. They each added their own little bit of flavor!
- Excerpts from The Lumby Lines newspaper- these cracked me up!!
- Hank- the plastic flamingo. I'm a fan of Hank's...I swear he's real!!
- Cast of characters truly makes this book.
- The author's husband artwork graces this book. I really love it.
- The writing resonated with me and for a few hours I was able to escape to another place.
- That I have four more books to read in this series!!! #2- Stealing Lumby, #3- Lumby's Bounty, #4- The Promise of Lumby, and the most current release #5- Lumby On the Air.
To keep up with what's new in the world of Lumby you can read the Simply Lumby Newsletter. Gail often does giveaways and includes yummy recipes. Currently she is featuring a delicious recipe called Lazy Goose Panini #3 which is great to cook on the grill this summer.
Thank you to Caitlin of FSB Associates for sending me a review copy. I was not compensated for my review.
My thoughts on this book were in no way influenced by the author or publicist.
They are my personal reflections based solely on MY experience while reading this novel.
Published: Paperback May, 2007 Publisher: New American Library Pages: 319Genre: FictionISBN: 9780451221391
Click icon for moreReview Style patterned after Show Me 5
book review blogs
book review blogs