Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

One of the best books this year!






This book was so many things; riveting, thought-provoking, horrifying, hopeful, joyous. I want to thank Laurie Halse Anderson for writing about a time period that I "thought" I knew about. Her book clearly shows me that I have much to learn. The story is based around Isabelle, a young slave girl, who is sold to a very cruel Tory family. Everything takes place in New York. You will find yourself crying one minute and then totally outraged the next. If you enjoy historical fiction then I believe you will like this. If you teach the Revolutionary War time period, then you may want to read this to give your students a different glimpse into a slave's life during this war. Very enlightening and most certainly assured that you would have plenty to talk about!! Best part, she's writing a sequel!!

2 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW!!! You sure have been busy...I thought I had just checked your blog and then BAM all this cool stuff appeared. I absolutely love it - you can be sure I will check in OFTEN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo, what phrase..., an excellent idea [url=http://cgi3.ebay.fr/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=acheter_levitra_ici_1euro&acheter-levitra]acheter levitra generique[/url] This excellent phrase is necessary just by the way

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!