Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Mailbox Monday and It's Monday...What Are You Reading?



Mailbox Monday 
is a gathering place for readers to share the books that
came into their house last week and explore great book blogs. 
Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

March Host is: Caitlin @ chaotic compendiums


cover images courtesy of NetGalley
I requested both of these titles on NetGalley last week and each day I checked my email to see if I was approved to download them. I was anxious and worried that I wouldn't be able to get my hands on these glorious titles, but three days later I had the green light!! Susanna Kearsley just happens to be one of my favorite authors ever, and I can't tell you how excited I am to read The Firebird. I contemplated having a copy sent to me from Australia...that's how much I wanted to read it!! His Majesty's Hope is the third book in the Maggie Hope series which I completely adore and also look forward to reading!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hosted by
We discuss the books that we've read 
and what we're planning to read for the week.

Read and talked about last week:
The Guardian by Beverly Lewis- first time I've been disappointed by this author.
Conversation about a comic that actually played out in my life a long time ago.....

Bookish Thoughts this week:
The Best Man by Kristan Higgins
Thinking of You by Jill Mansell
While We Were Watching Downton Abbey by Wendy Wax

April's Book Box: I actually read every book that I put in my March Book Box photo so I'm feeling good about that accomplishment. I really need to get through some book from NetGalley, so these are the ones that called to me for April. Have you read any of them? If so, what did you think?








25 comments:

  1. The Firebird looks fascinating....and I hope you enjoy it.

    It's great to get books we're waiting for.

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, The Firebird! Can't wait for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scrumptious looking books in your mailbox! Fun titles -- I must try Kristen Higgins one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, I'm glad you were approved! I hope you love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you The Firebird. I bet it will be a good one ....enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on reading every book in your book box! I can't wait to read The Firebird. Unrivaled was a good read, I know you will enjoy it. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you're super organised girl, Monday post is up early ;) I can't wait to read The Firebird, I think you're the one to blame for getting me started with Susannah Kearsley lol. Amy Hatvany is another favourite of mine, Heart Like Mine isn't quite as strong as her first two books but still darn good and I've got The Best of Us up this week. Can't wait for your bookish thoughts this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, those Netgalley books are calling to me too. So many books I want to read!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am looking forward to The Firebird and His Majesty's Hope. Really liked the one Maggie Hope book I have read so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't read any of those but met Katie Fforde last week and she is an excellent speaker. So funny and interesting! So I would highly recommend that book, even though I haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read Kearsley, but I've heard great things about her from you, so she's on my list of authors to get to. I hope you enjoy the latest Maggie Hope book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sure you are going to love The Firebird! So good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read any Maggie Hope but certainly need to check that out :) I've got Kearsley's The Winter Sea on my TBR shelf right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I caved and requested these two based on your post! They sound great. I have not read any of the books in your April book box, look forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have not read any of the books in your box..but they sound good :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for Netgalley!! :) I haven't read any of those but I've seen a few of them floating around the blogosphere. I hope you enjoy them and have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We should work on knocking out some NetGalley books together! I have entirely too many unread books that I need to get to :/ I have both The Comfort of Lies and Cover of Snow too. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on them when you finish :) Enjoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't wait to read the new Maggie Hope book since I absolutely loved the first two!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohh, a new Maggie Hope book. I need to get my grubby hands on that.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooooooh, I want to read The Firebird. I'll have to see about getting that one. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have you read comfort of lies? I'm posting my review this week. It's good. I know how much you love Kearsley, hoping you love this one too

    ReplyDelete
  22. I must get that Susanna Kearsley Book. I love her.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I still haven't read a Kearsley book, and I have to read the second in the Maggie Hope series before the third. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!