Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Lost Dogs and Lonely Hearts- Six Sentence Bookish Thoughts #84



What Lost Dogs and Lonely Hearts is about:
Thirty-nine year old Rachel is having a really bad year. After losing her job and breaking up with her boyfriend, Rachel has inherited her late aunt's house, her beloved border collie, and a crowded rescue kennel, despite the fact that she knows almost nothing about dogs. Still, considering her limited options, she gamely takes up the challenge of running the kennel. And as Rachel starts finding new homes for the abandoned strays, it turns out that it might not just be the dogs that need rescuing.

Dogs and broken hearts go together like chocolate and peanut butter! This story was such a heartfelt read and I really adored the premise of how the unconditional love from a dog can help heal a wounded human. You all know that I love stories that take place in England and once again I was not disappointed by the quaint town and lovely people that the author created. Of course as I was reading this story, I could picture myself volunteering at the rescue kennel and being friends with everyone I met within the pages.

Recommend? If you enjoy reading British "Chick" Lit that revolves around dogs, broken hearts, and new beginnings, then I think you should give Lucy Dillon's book a try!



Six Sentence Bookish Thoughts #84
© 2013, Staci of Life in the Thumb. All Rights Reserved. If you reading this on a site other than, Life in the Thumb or Staci's feed, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.

15 comments:

  1. This sounds like such a sweet story. I want to read it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooooo thinking I need to read this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like stories about dogs, broken hearts and new beginnings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can anyone resist that cover? This sounds like a book I'd love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dream is to have a pair of dogs with a size difference like those on the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that cover! So adorable. Even if I don't own a dog, the story and book cover attract me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cover is enough to melt my heart! I like the premise of this book and may have to check it out! It sounds like fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make this sound very appealing... and I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I know this one, the library has it but with a cuter cover

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will get his book for my daughter because of the cover, it has her dream dog (Dane)on it and because you liked it so much. I can borrow it from her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this book is also so me. Dogs and small english towns...we can meet for tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to read it because of the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the cover, but not sure it's the book for me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now who wouldn't love to read about a woman who takes over raising dogs?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love dogs (miss having Max at home) but know I could never work in a kennel. Too much heartbreak.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!