Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Comic that reflected a real-life situation!

Sometimes spending time on Facebook can actually bring a real smile to your face. This happened to me the other day when I found this comic that actually portrayed almost to the T exactly what I said to my husband and what he said to me. Please take a moment and take a look at this awesome cartoon!!

Used with permission from Debbie Ridpath Ohi at Inkygirl.com

I laughed so hard when I read this and immediately posted it on my husband's timeline with a "remember when" sentence. Here's my story.......

 A very long time ago, I was eagerly anticipating book three in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. At the time with no internet and easy access to information, I thought this was going to be a trilogy...keep that in mind. Christmas came and I received a gift card to Borders. I couldn't wait to use that gift card. I knew exactly what I wanted to buy. I wasted no time going after Christmas, rushed right to Voyager and with a BIG ASS SMILE on my face, skipped to the register to buy my beloved book. I carried the package close to my heart and when I got home, lovingly removed it from the bag and put it on my nightstand. And there it sat for almost a year!! Matt would ask me every once in a while, "Hey, are you going to read that book or what?" And I would reply, "Yes, eventually." To which he would shake his head and proceed to tell me that I was a bit off my rocker. I then had to explain to him that if I read it then it would all be over. No more Claire and Jamie, no more time travel, no more epic love story.....no more best friends! He just looked at me and said, "I just don't get you!" But you do, my book loving friends...you do!!

Does this comic resonate with you? If so, which book was it that you waited and waited for, only to not want to read it because then it would be over???? Please share in the comments!!!

23 comments:

  1. Yes, I can relate to that! I can't think of a specific book right now, but it's happened to me more than once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same way about Harry Potter #7...did not want to read it because then it would really be over!

      Delete
  2. Saw this on your FB this morning and couldn't stop LAUGHING!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did that with Divergent. So excited to get it into my hands and I still haven't read it!! I've often asked myself what am I waiting for. This comic strip gave me some insight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so get the comic!! I felt that way with the Mitford series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great story and that's so funny you came across that comic. There are lot's of books I've read that I was sad when they were over, but none I've never not read because of that reason. If I get a book I've been waiting for, I usually lock myself away and read it in one sitting if at all possible. Especially if it is a popular book, I can't abide spoiled endings so I like to stay away from the public until I've read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was like this with the last book of the Wheel of Time series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was too funny, for me it's more like "I can't live without this book", and then it sits on my shelf forever, for just that special day, which never seems to come...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still haven't read the last book in the Stieg Larsson Girl Who series bc of the very same reason....I just can't.
    Love it! My husband thinks I'm weird too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha, loooove that comic to bits! I can absolutely relate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, yes! Every time I get a new Jodi Picoult book, it does sit on the stacks for awhile...it must be that whole thing you've just mentioned. And also...once we open the magical pages and start reading, we're either going to love it as much as we hoped...or not.

    There is always potential disappointment awaiting between the pages of a much coveted book.

    Thanks for sharing the cartoon...it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i certainly recognize myself in this comic!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too, too funny! I have never been quite this bad but I did near the end of my last Jane Austen and have to set it aside for a while because, really, there is NEVER going to be another Jane Austen book.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally get it! The books that I absolutely want so much that I have to buy them are often the ones that sit around waiting to be read the longest!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it, totally get it ... see you're not off your rocker lmao. I do that with a lot of series I've fallen in love with but Outlander series springs to mind and Sara Donati's Wilderness series. I bought the last book The Endless Forest as soon as it came out in 2010 but I still haven't read it, I just can't bear to say goodbye to Nathaniel and Elizabeth, I don't want the journey to end!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is AWESOME! And fits me quite well too :) I have the last couple of books from Gail Carriger's series that I'm saving for a rainy day, tons of books by Barbara Michaels (I've taken to stockpiling her books), and I usually always have the next Sue Grafton book. I like just knowing that they are there waiting for me to read whenever I'm ready. But there is nothing like the first time you read the Harry Potter books, now is there??? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can certainly related to that! It wasn't a new release, but that's how I felt with Emma, since it was the last Austen novel I had to read.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahahaha! You're both right. You are off your rocker and we do get it because we're right there beside you!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!