Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tuesday Intros: John Shors newest!


 posts the opening paragraph (maybe two) of a book
 she decided to read based on the opening paragraph (s).
 Feel free to grab the banner and play along!


My Tuesday Intro Pick is John Shors newest release, Temple of a Thousand Faces. I read Cross Currents a few years ago and it the story still resonates with me today. I can't wait to dive into this book later this month!!


Angkor, Late Monsoon Season, 1177
  The temple of Angkor Wat had been designed to house the Hindu Gods but looked as if it had been built by them. Rising from the top of the massive, terraced temple were five towers shaped like lotus buds, the central and tallest of which stretched upward for two hundred feet. These towers symbolized the peaks of Mount Meru, the core of the Hindu universe, where the Gods resided and from where all creation sprang. The wide, square moat surrounding Angkor Wat represented the cosmic ocean, and the walls near the moat were meant to remind Hindus of the mountain ranges at the distant edges of the world.


Would you continue reading this one
 based on the opening paragraph?

11 comments:

  1. Very descriptive and because it's John Shors, I'd keep reading -- enjoy. Thanks so much for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds good! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The descriptions are so beautiful that I can almost see the temple. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this one does sound good, I'd keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read this author before but it sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Because this author comes highly recommended, I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read this author, but am not so sure about the setting. Hope you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I posted my review today. Loved, loved, loved this book. Can you tell how much I loved it. Lol. I can't wait till you read it and then we can talk about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmmm it didn't grab me but I'd keep reading because I loved Cross Currents and would be expecting something just as beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of these days I will try John Shors!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!