I realized that it's been over a month since I've updated my Fitness goals and to fill you in on how I am doing! It's slow going but I have lost 6 pounds since I last posted. For those of you that are following my journey you might remember that I wrote about my husband's diabetes diagnosis and that this is a joint undertaking back to healthy living for both of us. I'm really happy to be able to say that my husband has lost quite a bit of weight and his sugar numbers are getting better every day. There is no magic pill for weight loss and it honestly just takes time, dedication, and educating yourself about food!!
Here's what we've been doing the past month:
- Less dining out!! And when we do we have been splitting one meal!! Yay for us!!
- No junk in the house! That wasn't too hard to do as I never really bought a lot of junk. My husband's biggest problem was not eating all day and then coming home, eating dinner and then really never stopping eating until he was ready for bed.
- Small meals every 3-4 hours.
- Snacks!! Fruit, nuts, cheese sticks, lean turkey or ham slices, and yogurt!
- No more dinner plates, using smaller plates for our meals.
And what I consider the biggest factor
- EXERCISE- we've been riding our bikes, swimming, and walking!
**** If you're on a personal journey back to a healthy way of living, please leave me a comment and tell me how it's going for you and what the biggest factor has been for success!!
Starting weight on June 1, 2012: 172
weight update: 166