Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros


Every Tuesday, Diane @ Bibliophile by the Sea
 posts the opening paragraph (maybe two) of a book
 she decided to read based on the opening paragraph (s).
 Feel free to grab the banner and play along!

My selection comes from the book Thrush Green by Miss Read. I have been visiting Nan's blog Letters From a Hill Farm for a while now and I just love her conversational style of book reviews. She often reads books that sound enchanting and after her Sunday post about the passing of this author I just knew I had to read at least one book by Miss Read. I have a feeling though that I will be back for more!

Here's a snippet from Nan's book review:
The very name of this book is magic. I think the song of the thrush is just about the sweetest sound in the world. You may hear it at this site. And green makes us think of the greening of the year, rebirth, as well as a village green. Perfect, just perfect.


As soon as he opened his eyes the child remembered, and his heart soared. This was the day he had waited for so long--the day of the fair.

Would you continue reading this one
 based on the opening paragraph?

9 comments:

  1. This cover looks so simple and the words seem to go along with simple joys. Hope you enjoy it. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, you and Nan have convinced me. She's been trying to get me to read these for years actually. I'll give it a shot and see if my library has them. If not, I see they are available on Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Nan's reviews, too, and have had been curious about Miss Read for a long time. Great intro!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first paragraph isn't bad, but it doesn't grab me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, it sounds pretty interesting but I don't think that this book is my usual type of thing. It's something I'd certainly recommend to my mum though as I think she'd love it. Thanks for sharing!

    Stephanie @ Stepping Out of the Page
    P.S. Don't forget to enter my latest giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been curious about these Miss Reads, since Nan first posted about them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nan has encouraged me to read a couple of Miss Read's books too. They are so fresh and innocent that they have charmed me. Your post reminds me to check the library for another one.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!