What it's about:
Lindsey is getting into her groove as the director of the Briar Creek Public Library when a New York editor visits town, creating quite a buzz. Lindsey's friend Beth wants to sell the editor her children's book, but Beth's boyfriend, a famous author, gets in the way. When they go to confront him, he's found murdered-and Beth is the prime suspect.
Why I wanted to read it: Found it while browsing the new book section in the library. I work in a library...this centers around Lindsey who works in a library...the LIBRARY is why I wanted to read it!!
Source: My public library...I love them!
- I loved the setting...what a quaint town that is totally screaming my name and by the water. Bliss!
- This sounds like a library I would love to work at and also be a patron!!
- I loved how the characters were reading books that I've read or want to read.
- The mystery was fairly easy to solve but that didn't bother me one bit. I thought it was so much fun that I can't wait for the next one!!
- There are so many cozy series out there and I feel like I'll never get caught up but this is book one and I loved it so I'm planning on becoming wrapped up in this one.
- Who wouldn't love to read a book that helps to add the ones already out-of-control TBR pile??!!
- Enjoyable way to spend an afternoon...highly recommend for those that love cozies!
Bookish Thoughts #1