Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

First Chapter, First Paragraph Tuesday Intros

Every Tuesday, Diane from Bibliophile by the Sea, posts the opening paragraph (maybe two) of a book that she has chose to read based on the opening paragraph (s). I thought I would play along this week!

 This week's opening paragraph (s) is from a book that was released on July 12, by Random House. 
I will be hosting this book for a TLC Book Tour August 11th!



Chapter 1

Columbia County, Arkansas, 1956

  "John Moses couldn't have chosen a worse day, or a worse way to die, if he'd planned it for a lifetime. Which was possible. He was contrary as a mule. It was the weekend of the Moses family reunion, and everything was perfect--or at least perfectly normal--until John went and ruined it."

What do you think about that INTRO?


9 comments:

  1. Well, I LOVED this intro and it would make me want to read more for sure. I hope you enjoy this one (I'm curious now).

    Thanks for playing along Staci.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hooked!! And the title of the book draws me in too! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great hook -- very intriguing and definitely leaves me wanting to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...makes me wonder what John did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would keep reading! Looking forward to your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm intrigued! I'd read that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The book is off to a great start. I'd want to keep going to see what's going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to be reading this one too! Sounds like it may be a good one. I'll be looking forward to your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Contrary as a mule, eh. Always makes for an interesting character.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!