Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Six Sentence Saturday


Welcome to Six Sentence Saturday.
Where I try to express my thoughts on recent reads using only 6 sentences!!!!.
At the end of each review I will post a
rating scale of 1-5 using the cute and original (lol) Playing Cards.
Rating scale will be as follows:

5 of Hearts- You must read this book NOW!!
4 of Hearts- A great read, put it on your TBR list.
3 of Hearts- Happy that I read it...a good read.

2 of Hearts- Just O.K but nothing to write home about.
Joker Card - Don't bother (why did I?)





Love on Assignment (Ladies of Summerhill #2) (click on title for synopsis)
Source: review copy from NetGalley
Genre: Christian Fiction
Pages: 336
Published: January 11, 2011 Thomas Nelson
ISBN: 9781595546807






My Thoughts: I love my gentle reads and I am a SUCKER for a great cover....so with those two criteria in mind I downloaded this book to my Kindle from NetGalley. For the most part I enjoyed the story...set in the 1900's with a feisty main character and a cute romance how could I resist? The downside was that there was a bit too much "religious zeal" on the pages for my taste. I don't mind reading Christian fiction but I don't want to be clobbered over the head with it either. I will read her other book that I downloaded for free on my Kindle, Love On a Dime, but this time I know what I'm in for. But tell me could you resist that cover?????
Rating:






Disclaimer: I was not compensated for my review. My thoughts on this book were in no way influenced by the author or publicist.They are my personal reflections based solely on MY experience while reading this novel.
 © 2011, Staci of Life in the Thumb. All Rights Reserved. If you reading this on a site other than, Life in the Thumb or Staci's feed, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.

10 comments:

  1. Yay for NetGalley and the Kindle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pass. I do not mind them being religious, I just do not want someone preaching in my face or something

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ayuh, that cover is adorable. I can see why you would be attracted to it. I've read a bit of Christian fiction too and don't mind unless the author gets too heavy handed with it. If I want to be preached to, I'll go to church.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree - very cute cover! But clobbering is bad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have not downloaded books as I just cannot bring myself to read on the computer or my iPad. This doesn't sound like a book I would really enjoy, but the cover is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't care for the religious zeal in books either. It takes away from the reading experience for me. Netgalley and free Kindle books are great ways to see if you like an author or book. Someone else may appreciate this book:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great cover!! Too bad it wasn't that good on the inside! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's why Christian fiction is so hit or miss with me. I don't want to feel like I'm at church when I'm reading. I actually go to church for my sermons, thank you. (Well, sometimes I don't feel like doing that either, but the free nursery is a big draw right now :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just stopped a CF book recently because the girl was too "good" for me. She was too nice and often remarked about the goodness of God. All well and good, but please don't bash me over the head with it :) Sorry this didn't work out.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!