Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

'The Midwife's Confession' by Diane Chamberlain



Author: Diane Chamberlain
Published: April 26, 2011
Publisher: Mira
Pages: 432 Kindle Edition
Genre: Women's Fiction
ISBN:  9780778329862













Synopsis:
'I don't know how to tell you what I did.' The unfinished letter is the only clue Tara and Emerson have to the reason behind Noelle's suicide. Everything they knew about Noelle - her calling as a midwife, her passion for causes, her love for her family - described a woman who embraced life. But they didn't know everything. Because the unaddressed letter reveals a terrible secret...and a legacy of guilt that changes everything they thought they knew about the woman who delivered their children. A legacy that will irrevocably change their own lives - and the life of a desperate stranger - forever.


My thoughts:
I had read so many great reviews of this title that I just had to get my hands on a copy. I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I finally realized that I was approved to download a copy of this to my Kindle months ago from NetGalley....I just was too lazy to figure out how to do it. Well, thanks to my fellow book lovers and their awesome reviews, I was motivated to learn how to get that ebook on my lovely Kindle. And I'm so happy that I did because this was a fantastic read!! I was drawn in from the very first paragraph and couldn't get enough of the story. I love the way Chamberlain writes and she didn't disappoint me in any fashion with this book. The characters were fully fleshed out and the story was riveting.

Recommend? Absolutely!! This book has it all: love, secrets, betrayal, mystery, friendships rocked by deceit and moving family dynamics. If you've never read a book by Chamberlain, I highly recommend picking this one up.

Rating: 9/10

Disclaimer:Thank you to NetGalley and MIRA Books for sending me a review copy. I was not compensated for my review. My thoughts on this book were in no way influenced by the author or publicist.They are my personal reflections based solely on MY experience while reading this novel

© 2011, Staci of Life in the Thumb. All Rights Reserved. If you reading this on a site other than, Life in the Thumb or Staci's feed, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.

19 comments:

  1. Staci, this sounds like a great read.

    sign me up with the "to much trouble how to figure out" group...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh this sounds really good! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to chuckle about your Netgalley experience because I had issues with it too. I am very technically challenged!

    This has received so many great reviews! I need to get my hands on it and read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, getting the galley to the Kindle wasn't so hard for me. I just had a problem when I deleted my galley from my Kindle. LOL

    Note to self - you can't archive galleys from Netgalley. :-)

    Love the cover on this one. It's so sweet and I'd pick up the book for that alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That good? And I who think that this is so not for me...still think so

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how to download an ebook either. I'll have to learn how.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll confess to never having read this author. I love this type of book so I need to see if I can find her books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo, glad you loved it. This was a hard one to put down, cant wait to read more from her.
    Have you read The Lies We Told? I really enjoyed it too but didnt like the ending!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't read a lot of women's fiction, but this one is in my TBR list. I've seen only good things about it. And I'm thrilled to see your 9/10!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops! I forgot to add that I'm so glad you figured out the NetGalley/Kindle dilemma. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't felt compelled to read this one, but I will keep it in mind since you liked it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your enthusiasm for this book really makes me want to read it - I'm going to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one looks terrific. I'm looking forward to reading it. Great review Staci.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds like an excellent book! I loved your review!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you enjoyed it and took the plunge into NetGallery. I got a new NookColor and am scared to request a book from them as I am afraid I won't be able to figure out how to get it on the Nook although I did get some books from Goodreads and that seemed to work okay. Technology=scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I read another really good review of this book the other day and instantly added it to my wishlist. Great review and thanks for making me want to read it more :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have another of her books on my wish list and I'm adding this ine too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This one sounds like my kind of book. I definitely need to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so glad you loved this one as well. It's one of my faves so far this year!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!