Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

'A Darcy Christmas'- A Holiday Collection Devoted to Jane Austen's Beloved Classic

Genre: Christmas Fiction
Author: Amanda Grange, Sharon Lathan, and Carolyn Eberhart
About (from Sourcebooks)
From three gifted authors of jane Austen sequels come three heart-warming tales of Elizabeth and Darcy at Christmas sure to delight both Jane Austen and Regency romance fans....
Published: October, 2010 Sourcebooks











1.) Reasons you chose this book

I have often dreamed of being married to Mr. Darcy, so whenever there is an Austen rendition I feel compelled to read it!

2.) Reasons you liked or disliked this book

  • "Christmas Present" by Amanda Grange- I enjoyed this holiday version where the Darcy's are celebrating the season with a ball at the Bingley's. It was nice to see all of the characters in a different sort of setting. There were no surprises, but the love between Elizabeth and Darcy shined brightly.
  • "A Darcy Christmas" by Sharon Lathan was my favorite story out of the three. I enjoyed going back in time with the Darcy's while they reminisced about their years together. It was also fun to read about their children.
  • "Mr. Darcy's Christmas Carol" was boring and unoriginal. I was hoping to see something different rather than the basic Christmas Carol story retold for the 100th time. It just didn't work for me.

Reasons for recommending:
  • If you're a die-hard Austen fan then I know that you will really enjoy this book. However, if you're just looking for fun Christmas stories this probably wouldn't be the one I would pick up first. I love all things Austen, but I guess I was expecting something different and wasn't overly impressed with the collection. 
Rating: 3/5



Thank you to Danielle @ Sourcebooks for sending me a review copy. I was not compensated for my review.
My thoughts on this book were in no way influenced by the author or publicist.
They are my personal reflections based solely on MY experience while reading this novel.


© 2010, Staci of Life in the Thumb. All Rights Reserved. If you reading this on a site other than, Life in the Thumb or Staci's feed, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.

10 comments:

  1. That's a bummer for you...I know how much you love anything Mr. Darcy! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the Austen take-offs too! Too bad about the third story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the Christmas Carol story was the one that most intrigued me. Oh, well, sounds like it's worth it to check out the other two at least.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh :( Too bad you didn't like that one. But don't you think it would be the best tvshow. Instead of seeing Donald Duck we would see Mr Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  5. As they say, two out of three ain't bad. I'm going to keep this anthology in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you enjoyed one of the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry this one didn't totally work for you. I've heard the same from other bloggers as well. I do like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never read an Austen spin-off. I'm not sure why, I just don't feel like I want too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting book. I swear I am going to read Pride and Prejudice this year (turning red from the shame of never reading Austin). I do know the story thanks to the BBC version of the book and love it.

    PS. Day 9 of my B&B Bash has an ARC copy of a book I think you might like. Hope you will check it out and spread the word to all your adult blogging buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL loved your reason for choosing the book and I know how much Alaine loves Sharon Lathan's writing but not sure this one is for me.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!