About:(From TLC) Lila Nova is a 32-year-old adverting copywriter who lives alone in a plain white box of an apartment. Recovering from a heartbreaking divorce, Lila has a simple mantra: no pets, no plants, no people, no problems. But when she meets David Exley, a ruggedly handsome plant dealer, a country-sexual, as she calls him, her lonely life turns into something far more colorful. From the harsh streets of Manhattan to the verdant jungles of the Yucatan, Hothouse Flower is the story of a woman who travels beyond sense and comfort to find out what she really wants.
Descriptive Words: steamy, informative, magical, quirky, sexual, thought-provoking,
Why I wanted to read this book:
- I wanted to be on this tour because Diane @ Bibliophile by the Sea read this book earlier this year and loved it to pieces. After finishing I was absolutely in her camp!!
What worked for me:
- I loved all of the mythical folklore surrounding plants. I have never looked at any flower and thought any deeper about it than the color of the petals and the sweet smell it evokes. This book has made me think about flowers and plants on a much deeper and cellular level.
- I adored Lila Nova, the main character. I loved her willingness to just go with the flow and to open her mind and horizons to new adventures. When she takes off for the Yucatan Peninsula I wanted to go with her!!
- The cast of characters were wonderfully fleshed out and I felt myself gravitating towards them. I liked most of them and thought they really added to the story.
- This book is filled with adventure...non-stop adventure towards the middle and end. I caught myself with one of those cheese-eating grins on my face several times as I was reading this. I suspended all sense of belief ,threw all cares to the wind and allowed this book to take over all of my senses. What an exhilarating ride!
- I had no idea how sexual plants and flowers are!! Wow...all of that information was so much fun to read and at times I found myself blushing, but all in a good way!!
- It all worked for me...every single word, every single sentence, every single character, the plot, the whole freaking story!!!
My Rating: 5/5
Thank you to TLC for asking me to be a part of this book tour.
Check out the other tour stops HERE
You can contact Margot:
© 2010, Staci of Life in the Thumb. All Rights Reserved. If you reading this on a site other than, Life in the Thumb or Staci's feed, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.