1. Words to describe the book: saucy, hilarious, fun, cheeky, page-turner
2. Location or characters you met:
- Holly: What is not to like about Holly? She's got it together, well mostly, except for the bad habit of putting her bills in the freezer and pretending they don't exist. But look past that to her big heart and how loyal she is to her friends. I love this character. She's someone I could easily call a friend.
- Jason : He's the best best-friend a girl could ask for. I like his personality and how he always wants to take care of Holly.
- London: This is a city that I must visit before I die! I love the descriptions in the book and the way English people talk. The slang is pure enjoyment for me!!
- Boyfriend and family-perfect mix of cute, quirky, zany, and realistic....great combination!
- The email format is a hit with me. I really got into the whole communications scenario between the various characters.
- How the author was able to weave a story that felt complete using so little dialogue!!
- Cast of characters truly makes this book.
- I would like some definitions to the Brit slang used- just so I know how to incorporate correctly into my every day life!
Thank you to April of Sourcebooks, Inc. for sending me a review copy. I was not compensated for my review.
My thoughts on this book were in no way influenced by the author or publicist.
They are my personal reflections based solely on MY experience while reading this novel.
Release date: August, 2010Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca Pages: 535Genre: Hilarious British Chick-LitISBN: 978-1-4022-4114-7
Review Style patterned after Show Me 5