Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Six Sentence Saturday

Welcome to Six Sentence Saturday.
Where I try to express my thoughts on recent reads using only 6 sentences!!!!.
At the end of each review I will post a
rating scale of 1-5 using the cute and original (lol) Playing Cards.
Rating scale will be as follows:

5 of Hearts- You must read this book NOW!!
4 of Hearts- A great read, put it on your TBR list.
3 of Hearts- Happy that I read it...a good read.

2 of Hearts- Why did I finish this?
Joker Card - Don't bother (why did I?)

Just Jane: A Novel of Jane Austen's Life- Nancy Moser
This wonderful read was recommended to me by Nise and I'm so happy that she told me about it. I love anything Jane Austen and this book really filled in a lot of blank spots in regards to Jane's life. I loved how the author weaved her story with actual facts about Jane. She brought her to life and stirred to life that burning desire to meet Jane...oh how I would love to walk beside her and talk about her writing!! Does Jane rule your reading world?  If so, you'll want to add this one to your list of books to read!
  My Rating:                                                                             










Plain Paradise (Daughters of the Promise )- Beth Wiseman
This is a new author to me and one that I enjoyed. Beth Wiseman is another voice for the Amish genre that seems to be growing in popularity these days. This story revolves around a young woman, who at seventeen, gave her daughter up for adoption. Her daughter has been raised by an Amish couple and has absolutely no idea that she was adopted. This made for a good story about families, secrets, young love and faith. Beverly Lewis is still tops in my book for Amish stories, but I enjoyed Wiseman's storytelling enough to seek out the other books she has written.
My Rating:

11 comments:

  1. I haven't read any Austen in a while, but Just Jane looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both books appeal to me so I've put them both on my wish list. I was interested in what you thought of the Beth Wiseman book. I read her first book, Plain Perfect, over a year ago and it really stayed with me. That was the only other Amish book I'd read besides Beverly Lewis at that time. I recommend it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound WONDERFUL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cover on Just Jane is awesome. I have not read any of those Austen books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! So glad you enjoyed Just Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so wordy I doubt I could review a book in just six sentences!!!

    And on the Amish cover, I thought her bonnet strings were iPod ear buds!!!! : )

    I like this review format but I doubt I could pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover of Just Jane. The novel sounds wonderful too. I am glad you enjoyed it, Staci!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't ever read a Jane Austen book before, but I think I should!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read Just Jane many years ago and remember really enjoying it! That was the first "Austenesque" novel I ever read -- and a good introduction to the Austen spin-offs, I'd say! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I'll have to get hold of "Just Jane".

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just Jane is just for me! Too corny? Thanks for the recommendation :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!