Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Six Sentence Saturday

Welcome to Six Sentence Saturday.
Where I try to express my thoughts on recent reads using only 6 sentences!!!!.
At the end of each review I will post a
rating scale of 1-5 using the cute and original (lol) Playing Cards.
Rating scale will be as follows:

5 of Hearts- You must read this book NOW!!
4 of Hearts- A great read, put it on your TBR list.
3 of Hearts- Glad I read but no big deal

2 of Hearts- Why did I finish this?
Joker Card - Don't bother (why did I?)


Wondrous Strange- Lesley Livingston
** I stumbled upon this book through an ad on Goodreads where I could read it free online for a limited amount of time. I enjoyed this story from the very beginning because it's a very cool twist of Shakespeare's A Midsummer's Night Dream. With all of the faerie books out there aimed at the YA market this is one that truly captured my imagination. I like the main character Kelly...she came through as a real teen just looking to make it on her own in the Big Apple. Of course, there is always that handsome boy who steals your heart....I'm secretly in love with Sonny!!!! Very original story plot and great fun...I can't wait to get my hands on book #2 Darklight!

My Rating:








A Plateful of Murder- contains the first two Hemlock Mystery Books
** Both of these books had great story lines that were fun to read. I loved trying to figure out who the killer was and I guessed it for both of them!! (Go me!) I really like the Quill Sisters because they each have their own personalities and they play off of each other very well. One runs the Inn and the other is the Gourmet Chef. There are a lot of characters (in my opinion too many to try to keep track of at times) that are very quirky and most of them add to the story, but there are some that we could do without. Overall, this is an enjoyable cozy mystery series.

My Rating:
A Taste for Murder






A Dash of Death

16 comments:

  1. These sound great. It's fun when you sort of "stumble" across a book and it turns out to be so good. Have a great weekend, Tootsie, and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hemlock books sound good - fun that you figured them out : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of the faerie books because I'm just not sure they're for me - you've piqued my interest in Wondrous Strange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these books this time look really appealing to me! I love the covers on both too. Thanks for the fun reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all look good this morning. I try to not read a lot of YA, but Wondrous Strange looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a fairy book???? me likes the sound of that! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Plateful of Murder sounds really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy a good cozy mystery in between heavier reads, especially in winter...weird me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wondrous Strange sounds like a good book. I will have to check it out! Great reviews as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed Wondrous Strange as well. I'm just starting Darklight today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that Wondrous Strange looks and sounds really good. I'm definitely going to have to pick it up after hearing how much you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderous Strange sounds wonderful. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have A Plateful of Murder at home. I really like this new trend of printing the first two or three books in a long-running mystery series together. Glad you enjoyed them and I'm sure I'll pick mine up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know I keep saying this, but I really need to start reading some of my cozies that have been sitting there for far too long. Great reviews Staci!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A Plateful of Murder appeals to me. I like good characters and especially the quirky ones.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, Annie's birthday isn't that far off...Wondrous Strange sounds like a book she'd love. Hmmm...and how handy it would then be for borrowing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!