Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Library Loot- December 2 Part Two

Hosted by Eva at A Stripped Armchair and Marg at Reading Adventures.
We share what we each picked up at the library during the week.

Like I said in last weeks library loot post, I felt the need to make this two parts because of the insane number of books that I checked out. If you didn't read Part One, click here....who knows I probably blamed you for one of the books on the list!! This post is dedicated to books that struck my fancy as I was going through the shelves...no one is to blame for these except ME!!!


My Life in France by Julia Child
This is the audio CD of the book. I hated Julie & Julia, but the good thing that came out of reading that one was making me interested in Julia Child. I've been meaning to find a GOOD audio book and I hope this one will be the one!







The Lumby Lines by Gail Fraser
Being true to myself I could blame the Library Ladies who made a display of this series because honestly I wouldn't have found these books any time soon, but there they were right out for me to stumble into. The cover art is spectacular and this book just looks and sounds comfy...right up my alley!






The Ninth Daughter: An Abigail Adams Mystery by Barbara Hamilton
A new mystery series set during the Revolutionary War time period. I am totally on a mystery kick right now and this one has the historical elements that I love so I thought it was worth a read!





The Four Seasons by Alice Munroe
Stories about sisters, family, and good chick-lit just draw me in.








Kith: The Good Neighbors #2 by Holly Black
Second book in the graphic novel series The Good Neighbors. Can't wait to dive in!
Edited: I read this last night will feature review on Six Sentence Saturday.





Witch Way to Murder (Ophelia & Abby Mystery #1) by Shirley Damsgaard
Another cozy mystery series......but this one has witches in it...couldn't resist!!!






Sew What! Bags by Lexie Barnes
Whenever winter sets in I feel the need to be crafty. After looking through this book I thought I just may have to make a bag or two. So I plan to get my sewing machine out, dust it off, and lose myself in a fabric store!!!
Edited: Click here for my thoughts on this one.



Simple Country Wisdom by Susan Waggoner
This book is all about making your home comfortable and countrified...I browsed through it and loved the homey way the author had of talking to the reader. Plus, there is so much eye candy going on in this book....I may make a thing or two!!





Books Read in 2009 to date: 176
Number of Books Checked out from the library:26

21 comments:

  1. Looks like some great reads. I havent read Julie and Julia yet.... it was up for nomination at my book club tonight but it didnt take the win... Heretic's Daughter did. (YAY!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to browse. Sometimes you find an unexpected treasure that catches your eye. Hopefully The Lumby Lines will prove to be such a treasure. :-)

    Enjoy your new books, Staci!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, only yourself to blame ;)
    Though I do have the Daamsgard book but yet to read it.

    I did get intrigued by Julia too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear what you think of My lIfe in France! I hadn't thought to give that a try on audio. The Four Seasons looks good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great bunch of books. I am still working on my books from last week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Life in France is on my tbr list. I hope you'll review The Four Seasons. Nice loot, Staci!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wow ... U got a lot this time!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband read My Life in France after we went to see the movie version of Julie and Julia and he really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Part TWO?!!! Wow, good luck with all these!!! Looks like you're getting ready for a readathon! :--)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been wanting to start the Ophelia & Abby series. Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm interested in the Julia Child book. I remember watching her on PBS--in fact I watched an episode on Saturday. It was funny, so honest and just deal with things as they happen--no editing. She was cutting heads off of fish and the knife wouldn't go through the bones. I loved the movie but you are right about the book. It wasn't that great. I didn't get very far.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to read My Life In France. I'll put that on the list for later. But I'm going to see if our library has Kith and Simple Country Wisdom now!
    No loot for me this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How can anyone look at your lists of Library Loot and not be a huge fan of public libraries. You brought home hours of fun and entertainment. I'm looking forward to hearing about several of these books and, maybe, see a picture of a bag or two.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a haul. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on My Life In France. I've been wanting to read that for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am game for My Life in France. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you got a ton of good books and lots of reading ahead of you! Yay!

    Did you end up getting a lot or any snow? We had about an inch but it melted. Now the lovely winds have started!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I see several there that I would love to read too...The Ninth Daughter, The Lamby Lines (just because of that cover), the Holly Black book (though I would have to read the first). Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look good. I rarely read short stories, but I really do like Alice Munroe's short fiction. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh boy, these all look good Staci. You've got quite the selection. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Ninth Daughter sounds good - I havent heard of that one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice library loot. The Julia CHild book sounds interesting as does the cozy mystery.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!