is hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page.
We share what books that we found in our mailboxes last week.
Best Friends Forever by JenniferWeiner
**I have enjoyed Weiner's books in the past and this one sounds promising!!
From Goodreads:Best Friends Forever is a grand, hilarious, edge-of-your-seat adventure; a story about betrayal and loyalty, family history and small-town secrets. It's about living through tragedy, finding love where you least expect it, and the ties that keep best friends together.
The Day THE FALLS Stood Still by Cathy Marie Buchanan
** I thought the story sounded very interesting so I requested this ARC.
From Goodreads: Set against the tumultuous backdrop of Niagara Falls, at a time when daredevils shot the river rapids in barrels and great industrial fortunes were made and lost as quickly as lives disappeared, The Day the Falls Stood Still is an intoxicating debut novel.
Library Habits meme:
1. If you don’t frequent your local library, why not?
My problem is that I frequent my library too much!!!!!
2. If you do visit the library, how often do you go?
1-2 times per week, depending on where I am at the time. I have several branches all around me so that is always nice for convenience.
3. Do you have a favorite section that you always head to first, or do you just randomly peruse the shelves?
I always go straight to the new books!!!
4. How many books are you allowed to check out at one time? Do you take advantage of this?
The maximum number of books is 50.
5. How long are you allowed to have the books checked out?
30 days on most ,but new books 14 days.
6. How many times are you allowed to renew your check-outs, if at all?
Once!! which sometimes isn't enough for me!!
7. What do you love best about your particular library?
The people who work there know me by name and always make me feel welcome. Sometimes they direct to a new book because when they received it they thought of me immediately!!
8. What is one thing you wish your library did differently?
I think my library does a great job especially in these tough economic times.
9. Do you request your books via an online catalogue, or through the librarian at your branch?
I do everything online!
10. Have you ever chosen a book on impulse (from the online catalogue OR the shelves) and had it turn out to be totally amazing? If so, what book was it, and why did you love it?I've done it so many times that it's hard to come up with just one book!!!