Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Review:Death By Bikini by Linda Gerber


Death By Bikini
Author: Linda Gerber
Genre: YA
Published: 2008
Pages: 225
Description from Goodreads:
A fun, sexy, murder-mystery romance for all teen sleuths! Aphra Behn Connolly has the type of life most teenage girls envy. She lives on a remote tropical island and spends most of her time eavesdropping on the rich and famous. The problem is that her family’s resort allows few opportunities for her to make friends—much less to meet cute boys. So when a smoldering Seth Mulo arrives with his parents, she’s immediately drawn to him. Sure, he’s a little bit guarded, and sure his parents are rather cold, and okay he won’t say a word about his past, but their chemistry is undeniable. Then a famous rock star’s girlfriend turns up dead on the beach—strangled by her own bikini top—and alarm bells sound. Is it too great a coincidence that Seth’s family turned up just one day before a murder? As the plot thickens, Aphra finds that danger lurks behind even the most unexpected of faces.


My Thoughts:
This was a fun mystery that contained just the right mixture of teen angst, romance, and a great location with a mystery mixed in for entertainment. I read it in one sitting and found it to be a very enjoyable book, and even though I totally knew who the bad guy was, I still had a good time. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the books in this series...Death By Latte and Death By Denim,because I want to see what happens next with Aphra and Seth!! Plus, how can you pass up a book with such a cute cover?????

Reviewed Elsewhere:

The Story Siren
Direct quote from her review: " I enjoyed Aphra’s character and her fearlessness. I can’t wait to read more about her in Death by Latte!"

Presenting Lenore
Direct quote from her review:
"This is a quick paced and satisfying teen mystery with some truly scary moments (a near drowning, claustrophobic moments in tight caves, and chases through the rain-soaked jungle at night), lots of intrigue and a dash of romance."

**Sidenote: I need to give credit to Robin of My Two Blessings from which I lifted the idea of posting snippets from other reviews!!!

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I've been looking for genuine YA category mysteries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fun!! I loveeeeeeeee the cover too! :):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun book.
    And I do like that idea of posting snippets too when I see it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well the title and cover certainly attracted my attention! I like the snippets of others reviews. It adds a little extra :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute cover!! This sounds like a fun mystery series. Looking forward to your reviews of the rest of the books. Great idea to add snippets from other blogger reviews!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover is totally cute and the book sounds great too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book sounds great, and the cover caught me at first too. I've added this to the list I want to get in this summer. Wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally agree about the cover! I'll be on the lookout for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, looks like a fun little book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The very thought of having to wear a bikini ever again would probably kill me. ;-) This sounds like a fun book. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Staci!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hmm I like the sound of this one, I read my 1st YA mystery a week or so ago, Kiss Me, Kill Me. It was pretty good and I wouldn't mind trying another one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love a good mystery series! And the titles are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, so glad you liked the book -- the cover is definitely cute! I was lucky enough to win this one a few months back but have to admit that it's been buried in my TBR stack since. You've inspired me to drag it back out... especially before summer gets away from me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute cover and title! Sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!