Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Everything Austen Challenge- Of course I signed up!!


This is a fun challenge being hosted by Stephanie at The Written Word. Click on the Austen button to read all about this challenge and how you can sign up to participate!!


The details!
The Everything Austen Challenge will run for six months (July 1, 2009 – January 1, 2010)! All you need to do is pick out what six Austen-themed things you want to finish to complete the challenge.

What is considered Austen-themed? Obviously, any of the books Jane Austen wrote herself count, so if you’ve been contemplating reading one of her novels, now is the time! Or, maybe watch the different movie versions of Pride and Prejudice. You could even try reading one of the many sequels written by various authors or listen to one in your car on your way to work. Truly, the list can be endless! All you need to do is pick six Austen-themed items to read and/or watch to participate. Note that you can mix it up a bit – maybe commit to watching three movies and reading two books – or if your TBR pile is huge, pick out six movies you would like to watch – YOU DECIDE!
Also, you can combine this with another challenge. For example, if you are going to participate in Carl’s RIP challenge this fall, maybe add Northanger Abbey to your list. Or read a couple books during the next Dewey 24 hour read-a-thon.


How could I not participate in this challenge? Have you seen my avatar? Nuf' said. So what 6 themes am I going to do? I'm participating in the Classics Challenge already so I'm going to combine that one with this one...good way to kill two birds with one stone. So here's my plan of attack:

  1. Read Northanger Abby and then watch the DVD from the library
  2. Read Mansfield Park and watch the newest version from the library
  3. Read Emma
  4. Read Persuasion and watch the DVD, this is one that I haven't watched from beginning to end!! Should be fun!
  5. I'm planning on reading Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict (thanks to Dar!!)
  6. I bought Lost in Austen and haven't watched it yet so next week the weather is to be hot and rainy...perfect day to watch this series!!
I'm sure that I'll add to this list because they're are so many books out there that have some sort of Austen theme in them that I want to read and of course movies that I could re-watch a million times!!! So what are you waiting for? Sign up already!!!

14 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore the -96 or 5? Persuasion version. The 2008 is good but can't compare
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to join this challenge. But I'll have to do it when I get back home next week. Sounds like a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining in on the fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thinking about signing up. I still need to read Northanger Abby and Mansfield Park.

    Or maybe I'll just read the new Zombie version and watch a bunch of the movies again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds great, I love Jane Austen. I don't think I'll do the challenge because I'm already doing one hosted by Jenners. But I'll be thinking of you having all that fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. welcome to this fantastic challenge. Wonderful. I can't wait to get started on these

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad I stumbled across your post! :) This challenge looks so fun! I've joined, too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear...another challenge I can't pass up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't resist this one either. Off to get my post up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. everyone is signing up for this one and I'm getting so tempted :)

    Have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I should join this one. There several I want to read by Austin or about her or take-offs, but I need to focus on my high stack of TBR books. I've ordered quite few books lately. The book buying bug hit and I just ran with it. Luckily most were under a quarter so I just paid for shipping, but I do have stacks to read.

    I hope you enjoy each and every book and film.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I meant to say how nice your blog looks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I caved as well on this challenge. I'll be posting mine later this week. It'll be fun. Lost in Austen is great! I'm going to watch it again just cause I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I tried to resist but I just couldn't! I haven't put Lost In Austen on my list but I am intrigued by it and must get my hands on a copy one way or another.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!