Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

Weekly Geeks- A Quote a Day #3


"For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet or excite you. Books help us understand who we are and how we are to behave. They show us what community and friendship mean; they show us how to live and die."
Anne Lamott (Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life)

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful quote! I received that book as a gift at Christmas...sounds like I need to crack it open and get reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy Anne Lamott's writing. This is a great quote, Staci.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a really great quote, i love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quote, I love that book, I love that author.... oh yah, you're my favourite too!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!