Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Weekly Geeks- A Quote a Day #2


"Books can be possessive, can't they? You're walking around in a bookstore and a certain one will jump out at you, like it had moved there on its own, just to get your attention. Sometimes what's inside will change your life, but sometimes you don't even have to read it. Sometimes it's a comfort just to have a book around. Many of these books haven't even had their spines cracked. 'Why do you buy books you don't even read?' our daughter asks us. That's like asking someone who lives alone why they bought a cat. For company, of course."
~ The Sugar Queen by Srah Addison Allen
p. 206







7 comments:

  1. Thats brilliant. Books sometmes can be the best kind of company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quote, a wonderful way to put it indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great quote! Keep them coming :D I still haven't read any Sarah Addison Allen, but I've heard wonders about her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this quote!!! Especially the part about buying books you don't even read... 'for company, of course!'

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful quote! I've been meaning to read Sarah Addison Allen's books. I've heard great things about her writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i really like this one too! and its true i swear, tons of books jump out at me at the bookstore

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true! I read Sarah Addison Allen's first novel and enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to this next one.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!