Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Teaser Tuesday and It's Tuesday...Where are you?


TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!



  • As she shopped she thought about Dev, and what he'd told her in the Mapparium. It was the first time a man had called her sexy, and when she closed her eyes she could still feel his whisper drifting through her body, under her skin.

    p. 150 (large print version) Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri








    ____________________________________________________________________



    Well, I'm still stuck in England, but my world is looking a little bit brighter...Darcy may not be quite the arrogant and prideful man I thought he was. I'm also working on a farm in the remote countryside of Montana and we're getting ready to pick up our housekeeper that came all the way from Wisconsin. And I'm getting ready to have tea at a tea stall in Konarak, India.

    9 comments:

    1. Hey Staci!! I just wanted to tell you I still have to do the awards. I had a b-a-d day yesterday and recuping today. I'm having one of those "when it rains it pours" kinda year so far. LOL!

      That Teaser Tuesday book sounds interesting...good random page.

      ReplyDelete
    2. That Teaser gives me the chills - in a good way!

      You'd better get crackin' on Anna K. - the discussion is heating up on Goodreads :0)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Wow, you really are a world traveler, aren't you? I think I'd just stay in England with Darcy - gets too cold in Montana!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Wow, great teaser, and so true - isn't it nice to feel sexy from time-to-time?

      :) Wendi

      Here's my Teaser!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Yay! I posted the awards - Thanks again Staci!!!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Great teaser. Sounds like a good book---I've heard of it but never read it. I'm all over the place in my books right now---even I can't keep track. lol.

      ReplyDelete
    7. I loved Interpreter of Maladies! I can't wait to read your review.

      ReplyDelete

    Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

    * Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

    Happy Reading!