Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Booking Through Thursday- Author's Blog: Do you visit?



Suggested by Barbara H.:

A comment on someone else’s BTT question this week inspired this question:

Do you read any author’s blogs? If so, are you looking for information on their next project? On the author personally? Something else?

Yes, I do sometimes. I usually stumble across an author's blog AFTER I've read their book and notice that they have one. I don't intentionally go out looking for them. I've visited Shannon Hale's website just to see what was going on and I noticed that she had a blog. I read a few posts and enjoyed them. I even found a great link that I used in my Graphic Novel Post. I went seeking out Nic Sheff's blog after I finished his book, Tweak. Mainly, because I was curious to see what he looked like now after so many years of hard drug use and to see if he was winning his battle against addiction. I don't visit these blogs on a daily basis but every once in a while I will peek in to see what they're up to. The one blog that I do visit weekly is Laurie Halse Anderson's. Her site is on my blogroll. I just like getting a glimpse into her life, her writing struggles and victories, and to see what book I can eagerly look forward to in the future.

So, I guess you could catergorize my author blog viewing as mainly voyeuristic in nature and simple curiosity.

6 comments:

  1. I started looking at authors blogs out of curiosity as well and found some valuable resources. I read quite a few. It is always interesting to get a glimpse into someone else's life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wish that Janet or Sophie would start a blog. Erynn has one so I'm happy. I don't know many other author blogs.

    Have a great night my friend! Yay - tomorrow is Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The two I always read are Neil Gaiman's and John Green's. But I have a few others I visit, like Shannon Hale's, Nick Hornby's, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read upwards of 30 on a semi-regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I subscribe to a number of author blogs, but I rarely leave comments. I usually just read the posts that interest and me and skim those that don't. It is fun to get an inside view of an author's life, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!