Welcome to the return of Weekly Geeks! We took a break for six weeks to give us time to honor Dewey, regroup and decide how to proceed. It takes a village to keep Dewey's projects going - and that's just what this blogging village (blogage?) is doing. Although there will be different facilitators every week, this is the place to come for the Weekly Geeks theme, Mr. Linky and comments, so add this page to your favs.
So - shall we begin?
In the spirit of the amazing community building that Dewey was so good at, tell us about your favorite blogs, the ones you have bookmarked or subscribe to in your Google Reader, that you visit on a regular basis. Tell us what it is about these blogs that you love, that inspire or educate you or make you laugh. Be sure to link to them so we can find them too.
Another option: Reading goals for ’09 and wrap ups for ’08 have been pretty well covered by now on a lot of blogs and other memes. But if you haven’t done this, feel free to make that your first WG of the new year, in addition to or instead of the above.
********The above was copied directly from www.weeklygeeks.com
I had seen Weekly Geeks posts on several blogs that I visited and came across the postings of the passing of Dewey, who was a beloved member of the book blogging community. I never had the opportunity to interact with Dewey but I've spent a lot of time at her blog and could see just how much reading and the blogging community meant to her. After seeing today's Weekly Geek, I wanted to play along.
I've decided to post about all the wonderful blogs that I've found in such a short time since I've been blogging. I can you one thing, I spend way more time "reading" on the computer than I do with an actual book!! I can't get enough of blogs about books !! Every time I log onto my blog I find a new link to a blog that I haven't read yet and I find myself either following the blog or adding it to my ever-expanding blog roll!! I find it extremely difficult to just list a few of my favorite blogs because I love them all!! So I'll just list a few in no particular order that I would like to feature today and hopefully you all will stop by and find something interesting for yourself!!
- Heather at Book Addiction- I love, love, love her blog. I always come across some author or book that I have never heard of and she gives straight forward and honest reviews!! In fact, it was her blog that inspired me to participate in Weekly Geeks.
- Trish at Hey Lady! Whatcha Reading?- I love her reviews and I picked up The Wednesday Sisters yesterday at my public library because she told all of us that we had to read it because this story has stayed with her for over six months!! Can't read to read it!!
- Mellymel at Lit*Chick- I met Melly at a scrapbooking site and she helped moderate a bookworm thread for all of last year. From there is how I came across her blog. I love her writing style and her reviews are pretty much right on! She also has a lot of fun giveaways. Plus, she's just a great person!!
- Wendy at Musings of a Bookish Kitty- Can I just say that I wish I could write reviews like her? I get excited whenever I see that she's updated her blog. She took a much needed vacation this past week and I've missed her daily writings. But she's so sweet that even on her downtime she's visited my blog and left several comments. I spent over 4 hours one day going through each and every one of her posts and my TBR list grew exponentially!!!
- Bonnie at Redlady's Reading Room- Her blog is so informative!! Every time I go to her blog I walk away with great information. I especially love reading her Mailbox Mondays... I live vicariously through her when she gets all those great ARC books!!!! And she always takes time to stop by my blog and leave me some kind of sweet comment. Thanks Bonnie!!
- The Compulsive Reader- This is a teenage girl who writes like she's 30!! She has the best vocabulary and I envy her wonderful writing style. It seems like she's been doing this forever. I think her blog is one of the best out there for the YA genre. She's got a bright future ahead of her. Sorry, but I don't think she's ever posted her name anywhere!! I did win a book from her blog last week! And she has a really cool feature on her blog called B2B where if you buy one of the books she has reviewed then send her a pic of the book and the receipt and she will enter you in one of her drawings!! I've given this blog addy out to a ton of girls at my middle school. This young lady is rocking the YA genre!!
- Heather at A Day in the Life-because she's sweet, has a fun blog, and she's my sister-in-law!!