Saturday, January 3, 2009
Saturday 9: Dying to Know
1. What do you believe happens when we die?
I would like to believe that we do actually go to heaven and are then reunited with our loved ones that have been waiting patiently for us to join the party.
2. Do you consider yourself religious?
I believe in God and in Jesus, have read the Bible through once, but I am really not much for organized religion.
3. Do you believe in ghosts?
YES!! I have a little child who inhabits our home. Our house is over 100 years old and it was originally a school house.
4. Do you believe that people live on other planets?
Um, no I guess I don't.
5. Have you ever seen something abnormal?
Sure, I work in a middle school!!! LOL!! I had to break up all this seriousness with a little joke!
6. Do you believe in reincarnation?
Personally for me....I think it could be real.
7. Have you ever witnessed a miracle?
Yes, right now, my friend Heather's cancer on her bones is shrinking and responding to treatment. This is her 2nd round going against Breast Cancer.
8. Is there a person living or dead that influences your philosophies?
I was never really introduced to any sort of religion when I was growing up and now that I'm an adult I'm learning as I go. I would have to say that my friend Tracy has a certain amount of influence on my philosophies.
9. Is there a work of fiction that closely matches your spiritual beliefs?
I can't think of one right at this moment. If I do I will have to come back and readdress this question.
Whew, that was a pretty intense Saturday 9!! I may have to come back to this post and edit some of my answers because I never really thought these issues in depth until just now.