Fill in the lyrics...with the correct ones or ones of your own :-) Have fun with this, don't worry if you don't know 'em...just make up something silly or do a silly one and a serious one! The most important part is to have fun with it.
1. Said the night wind to the little lamb, _do you hear what I hear?____.
2. The first Noel, the angel did say, __Staci, I'm ashamed that you don't know the next word!!!___.
3. __Riding in a sleigh___, Over the hills and everywhere.
4. It came upon the midnight clear, _a big snowstorm that dumped 8 inches here in the thumb!!____.
5. __Drink good beer___, Let your heart be light.
6. And the thing that will make them ring is the carol that you sing _even if it is way off key!!____.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _reading a little____, tomorrow my plans include _going to Detroit metro____ and Sunday, I want to __relax for the first time in 6 months!___!
That was pretty fun, as you can see I really don't know very many Christmas carols. Now if the music was playing I might be able to come up with some of the right words!! So this morning my phone rang at 5:15 a.m. saying those 4 glorious words that we come to love here in the thumb....
NO SCHOOL SNOW DAY!!!!!!!!!
I ran to the door to look out the window and saw nothing! Was this a prank? you know how sneaky superintendent's can be sometimes and this is a negotiation year....so I went back to bed to settle in for a few more winks of sleep. Before I knew it the stupid phone rang AGAIN!! This time it was 6:00!! Same message!!! Our school has an automated message system. I've figured out that the first call was to all staff, the second call was to all parents!! Yikes, I must have that changed when I get back to school because 2 phones calls will certainly interfere with my ability to sleep-in. Needless to say I was up at 6 a.m. and stayed up. I couldn't believe how much snow had fallen in the 45 minutes since I had first looked out!! This storm just blew in and dumped tons of snow across the lower part of Michigan. And of course my dear hubby decided that he wanted to get his oil changed!! Yes, he is a little crazy! So we ventured out into the wild white day and it was scary!! The plows had not been anywhere and it was 12:30!! He didn't care, he's a man and he's not afraid of no snow!! So 4-wheel drive locked in, gas pedal fully pushed down, and we plowed through that flimsy white stuff!!! 4 hours later we arrived back at home all safe and sound. Not sure if we'll be able to get out in the morning because of the wind blowing andthe snow drifting. This has me freaking out just a little....a LOT!! I am a total worrier so I'm suffering extreme anxiety right now. I'm worried that we won't be able to make it from our house to the black top road. I'm worried that the truck will get stuck and we won't make it to Detroit Metro on time. I'm worried that we won't get there in time for the flight and we'll have to eat a $261 plane ticket!! I'm just plain worried. My husband...he's snoring right now...that's how worried he is!! So wish us luck tomorrow!!