Merry Christmas to all who celebrate and happy holidays to all! Questions this week are courtesy of Heather from It's All About The Hat! Thanks, Heather :-)
1. I must _step foot in Italy____ before I die.
2. You can't stop __time___.
3. I wish I never had to buy __maxipads!!!!!!!!___ again.
4. _A friend___ has helped me change my life.
5. I know the song __Rudolph, the Red Nosed Reindeer___ by heart.
6. If I weren't so afraid, I would ___jump out of a plane someday__.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to __eating a slice of pumpkin pie___, tomorrow my plans include _getting some gifts for our niece and nephew in Florida____ and Sunday, I want to _organize my craft room____!
The Watcher by Jeanne Stein Book 3 Anna Strong Series
|bookshelves:|| read, series (edit) |
|status:||Read in December, 2008|
|review:||This one had me struggling!! I was so mad that I decided to put off the next book in the series....for now. I really liked Anna's character until this book. She just seems like one big brat who thinks she knows everything. And frankly, it turned me off! The premise of the story was poorly constructed and it just did not keep my attention. So, I have to give it the lower rating and move on to something better!!|
I went to the library today and picked up a couple of new books to add to my HUGE pile!! I did return quite a few books that I decided that I just didn't want to make time to read. After going through other blogs and signing up for some reading challenges for 2009, I decided that I want to be a little more discerning when it comes to books. There are some classics that I really want to read, over a hundred of my own books that are just gathering dust, and I feel that if I don't get serious I might be missing out on some really profound reading!! That is another thing that I want to work on this coming year. Becoming a better reader. I need to be more intuitive and look for a deeper meaning. I tend to just read and not really ponder a whole lot. I read other people's reviews and question myself..."Why didn't I get that?" So that is something that I truly want to work on. One of the big books that I'm tackling this year is Anna Karenina. Trust me I've got the Cliff Notes bookmarked. Plus I kept everything from Oprah's website from when she read the book a few years ago. Wish me luck!! I'm also going to read for the first time, The Lord of The Rings Trilogy!! And just for some additional fun....Emma, Pride and Prejudice, Persuasion, Mansfield Park and Northanger Abby. I must read them in 2009!!!!! Well, I've rambled on long enough so I will sign off for now and go catch up on some blogs!!