Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

Friday Fill-In and a book review


#104-Friday Fill-In

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate and happy holidays to all! Questions this week are courtesy of Heather from It's All About The Hat! Thanks, Heather :-)

1. I must _step foot in Italy____ before I die.

2. You can't stop __time___.

3. I wish I never had to buy __maxipads!!!!!!!!___ again.

4. _A friend___ has helped me change my life.

5. I know the song __Rudolph, the Red Nosed Reindeer___ by heart.

6. If I weren't so afraid, I would ___jump out of a plane someday__.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to __eating a slice of pumpkin pie___, tomorrow my plans include _getting some gifts for our niece and nephew in Florida____ and Sunday, I want to _organize my craft room____!



The Watcher by Jeanne Stein Book 3 Anna Strong Series
rating: didn't like itit was ok (my current rating)liked itreally liked itit was amazing
bookshelves: read, series (edit)
status: Read in December, 2008


review: This one had me struggling!! I was so mad that I decided to put off the next book in the series....for now. I really liked Anna's character until this book. She just seems like one big brat who thinks she knows everything. And frankly, it turned me off! The premise of the story was poorly constructed and it just did not keep my attention. So, I have to give it the lower rating and move on to something better!!

I went to the library today and picked up a couple of new books to add to my HUGE pile!! I did return quite a few books that I decided that I just didn't want to make time to read. After going through other blogs and signing up for some reading challenges for 2009, I decided that I want to be a little more discerning when it comes to books. There are some classics that I really want to read, over a hundred of my own books that are just gathering dust, and I feel that if I don't get serious I might be missing out on some really profound reading!! That is another thing that I want to work on this coming year. Becoming a better reader. I need to be more intuitive and look for a deeper meaning. I tend to just read and not really ponder a whole lot. I read other people's reviews and question myself..."Why didn't I get that?" So that is something that I truly want to work on. One of the big books that I'm tackling this year is Anna Karenina. Trust me I've got the Cliff Notes bookmarked. Plus I kept everything from Oprah's website from when she read the book a few years ago. Wish me luck!! I'm also going to read for the first time, The Lord of The Rings Trilogy!! And just for some additional fun....Emma, Pride and Prejudice, Persuasion, Mansfield Park and Northanger Abby. I must read them in 2009!!!!! Well, I've rambled on long enough so I will sign off for now and go catch up on some blogs!!

Happy Friday!!!

5 comments:

  1. I want to go to Italy too. Post on any other books you read! I am always looking for ideas. I don't read as much as I should, or would if I didn't have a laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL to #3! Great minds think alike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have a craft room? I'd love to have one, but mine would always be a mess, I'm sure. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to visit Italy, too.

    Thanks for playing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Imagine all that wonderful food in Italy! Yum! I'm with you on #3. LOL

    I am sorry to hear The Watcher was disappointing. I haven't read anything by that particular author, although I am familiar with her.

    I know what you mean about reading other people's reviews and wondering why I didn't see what they so obviously saw. I think that taking notes as I read and going through the whole reviewing writing process has helped me improve what I take away from a book, but there are times I still think I only touched the surface.

    The classics can be difficult. When I read Anna Karenina last year, I gave myself permission to read it like I would any other book--that way I wouldn't be so intimidated by it. LOL I'm sure I missed a lot of stuff, but I ended up really liking it. And I am a big fan of The Lord of the Rings and the Jane Austen books you mentioned--at least those that I've read. I'm trying to work my way through all of her books.

    I just realized I've been rambling on and on in your comment box. I guess I had a lot to say in regards to your post. :-)

    I hope you had a great weekend and enjoy the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!