Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros



Every Tuesday, Diane @ Bibliophile by the Sea
 posts the opening paragraph (maybe two) of a book
 she decided to read based on the opening paragraph (s).
 Feel free to grab the banner and play along!

My selection this week comes from After the Fog by Kathleen Shoop. I read Kathleen's debut novel last year and I really liked it, so when offered the chance to read her next book I had to say YES !! 


Tuesday, October 26th, 1948
     Donota, Pennsylvania
Inside the Greshecky home, Rose pressed the light switch but knew it wouldn't work. Ian appeared, his form outlined by the paltry light slipping through a gap in the wood siding. Even in darkness his complexion--white as the smoky plumes billowing from the zinc mill--told Rose things were not well with his Aunt. He opened his mouth, but Rose grasped his shoulders and shoved the twelve-year-old toward the kitchen before Ian could form a single word.
Would you continue reading this one
 based on the opening paragraph?

15 comments:

  1. I would keep reading as I'm very curious what they don't want to young boy to hear. Hope you like this one as much as the debut novel Staci.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to read more purely on the assumption that something intriguing is going to happen! I said almost the identical thing on Diane's blog for her meme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah... I would want to keep reading! Can't wait to read your full review on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly sounds like a mystery. Makes you want to keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would keep reading but would I have picked it up in the first place? I hate the cover! :--)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you've hooked me! I've been noticing this book around...so, of course, onto the wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to find out what happens next. Good thing I have this next up on my Nook. And isn't the cover gorgeous?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting--I like the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would have to keep reading to decide.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll have to wait til you tell me if I should continue reading this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll be reading this one too so we can talk about it when we're done! Isn't that cover gorgeous - I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just downloaded this one on to my Kindle and can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I would want to keep reading this one!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!