Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

And Then There Were None (audio)- Bookish Thoughts #15


What And Then There Were None is about:
First, there were ten - a curious assortment of strangers summoned as weekend guests to a private island off the coast of Devon. Their host, an eccentric millionaire unknown to all of them, is nowhere to be found. All that the guests have in common is a wicked past they're unwilling to reveal - and a secret that will seal their fate. For each has been marked for murder, and one by one they begin to fall prey to an unseen hand. As the only people on the island, unable to leave and unable to call for help, they know that the only possible suspects are among their number. And only the dead are above suspicion.


Why I wanted to read it: Some of you know how I like to blame others for my reading....so, I'm blaming Margot, Nan, Ryan, Kaye,and anyone else who loves Agatha Christie and has written reviews about her books. You are all very naughty!! And I thank you! 


Source: My public Library (I love them!)

  • The narrator, Hugh Fraser, was absolutely BRILLIANT!
  • He captured the creepy factor of the whole story and his voices were truly spot-on! I couldn't get enough of this book and actually sat in my car for a few minutes listening to the story even though I had arrived at my destination. 
  • I absolutely had no CLUE as to who the real murderer was. I was totally blind-sighted when that person was revealed and then I just had to applaud Christie's magnificent ability to tell an intricate and engaging murder-mystery!
  • I will never accept an invitation to a remote island from anyone..not even a friend!

Once again, I am blown away by Christie's superb writing skills and her amazing attention to those little details that make her books so popular and a joy to read or listen to. I have a feeling that I'm going to be plowing through all of her books this year...I'm on a roll! 

Bookish Thoughts #15
© 2012, Staci of Life in the Thumb. All Rights Reserved. If you reading this on a site other than, Life in the Thumb or Staci's feed, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission. 

26 comments:

  1. Awesome review!! I just LOVE this one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was spectacular even though the ending was incredible!

      Delete
  2. I wonder what these sound like on audio. I usually can figure out the murderer when reading, but I wonder if that would be a different story when listening. LOL I'm glad you are enjoying and blaming others for such great books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Agatha and one day will go back to reading the ones I've never read. Glad this was a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this book when I was in high school so I don't remember the particulars, but I remember it being one of my favorite Christie novels. You make me want to pick up her books again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't thought about listening to Christie's books! So glad this was a hit for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love how everyone says they never have a clue about "whodunnit" in Agatha Christie books. Must read her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I taught this novel with 8th graders and they thought it was so cool -- especially the unbelievable ending. I haven't read many of Christie's books, and I'm thinking I should remedy that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this one on my Fill In the Gaps list. I need to get to it soon. Can you believe I've never read any of Christie's books? Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your thoughts on this one. Wasn't it soooo good :-) I read it for the first time last year.

    I love that it really is hard to figure out, lol

    I haven't decided which one I want to read next but I definitely will read one every year at least.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is my favorite of all her books. I'm so glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for having no clue about the murderer, that is how it should be

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it that you are enjoying audiobooks this year! I am sure I will be adding to my TBLT (to be listened to) list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you let me know if this came to your email???? I'm not sure how I want to respond..via comment thread or email. Thanks!

      Delete
  13. I've only read one of Christie's books - I enjoyed it and need to read more! I'm glad this one was a winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved listening to this one on audio..set the whole tone for the story!

      Delete
  14. I watched the movie made of this book in college and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to see if Netflix has the movie!

      Delete
  15. Glad you enjoyed this one. It'll be your fault when I finally cave in and read one of these. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It makes me happy that you are enjoying so much. She had such a wonderful gift and here she is still making people happy after all these years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to thank you for your wonderful and thoughtful reviews of her work. Without that I'm not sure I would've picked up my first book!

      Delete
  17. I should try to read more mystery novels--It's a genre I hardly ever get to.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is my favorite book that I have read by Agatha Christie so far!!! I could not put this book down! And it made me want to read every book that she has written which has become a personal challenge. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed this one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds great and I loved your review! I haven't read a murder mystery in quite a while!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just brought home a library copy of this book... wonder if I should reconsider and try audio instead.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I loved this one, too! Excellent narration and suspense!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!