About:(From TLC) In 1797, when aspiring novelist Jane Austen becomes one of the Damned, the beautiful, fashionable, sexy vampires of Georgian England. more
Why I wanted to read this book:
- I love all things Austen and wanted to see if I could believe this story about Jane becoming a vampire.
- To be frank...not much. I just couldn't buy into the whole Jane is a damned vampire idea. I had a hard time envisioning her with blood dripping down her face. The story was slow and very uninspiring.
- I'm sure this was supposed to be a 'tongue in cheek' variation, but I found myself not being able to give a darn about anyone in the story..least of all my beloved Jane.
- The final chapter..whew..it was over!
My Rating: 2.5/5 Make sure you check out the other tour stops so that you may read more opinions than just mine about Jane and the Damned.
Thank you to TLC Book Tours. for sending me a review copy. I was not compensated for my review.
My thoughts on this book were in no way influenced by the author or publicist.
They are my personal reflections based solely on MY experience while reading this novel.
Connect with Janet:
• On her website
• On Twitter: @Janet_Mullany
• On Facebook
Please visit the other tour stops HERE.
© 2010, Staci of Life in the Thumb. All Rights Reserved. If you reading this on a site other than, Life in the Thumb or Staci's feed, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.