Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

Mailbox Monday- November 2

Mailbox Monday
is hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page.
We share what books that we found in our mailboxes last week.



Children of Dust: A Memoir of Pakistan
**courtesy of Caitlin at FSB Associates
I'm always interested in reading about someone's life in another country and this sounds fascinating!!

Ali Eteraz's Children of Dust is a spellbinding portrayal of a life that few Americans can imagine. From his schooling in a madrassa in Pakistan to his teenage years as a Muslim American in the Bible Belt, and back to Pakistan to find a pious Muslim wife, this lyrical, penetrating saga from a brilliant new literary voice captures the heart of our universal quest for identity.


How to Catch and Keep a Vampire: A Step-by-Step guide to Loving the Bad and Beautiful

** Courtesy of Sellers Publishing
In this book, she has created a road map to show readers how a vampire relationship can be achieved and conducted in harmony with everyday existence



What came for you?

21 comments:

  1. We have a lot in common. I too received Children of the Dust (haven't read it yet, butit looks great). And last week my blog reviewed How to Catch and Keep a Vampire.

    Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Children of the Dust sounds really good - I love books about other cultures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recieved Children of the Dust a few weeks back, but have not been in the mood to read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read a really fun review of the vampire book last week. I'll be watching for yours. Barrie emailed and said you'd be participating in her Book Review Club. It'll be nice to have a friend in the club :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good week :D
    Lol, I wonder about that vamp book

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard good things about Children of Dust.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't help but laugh...talk about variety there, huh? Hope you enjoy them both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the sound of Children of Dust - I've seen in quite a few blogs already.
    Happy reading!!!
    Here's my Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Staci, I was just thinking about getting books in the mail. I used to order more from Amazon and when a parcel arrived today for my nephew (who dwells with us) I was a wee homesick for a parcel of my own!

    Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have Children of the Dust, but lately I've been in a "fluffy" mood and none of my TBR stack is real fluffy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohhhhhhhh can't wait to read what u think of the vampire book....sooooooooooooooooooooo cool! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really curious about the Vampire one! Can't wait to hear what you think.

    Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  13. those two books couldn't be anymore different if you tried. I really want to read both of them and look forward to your reviews.

    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A vampire dating book? What next! lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got Children of Dust too, for basically the same reasons. I figured I would learn something along the way, and I've always been curious abot that culture.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I actually received How To Catch and Keep A Vampire in the mail yesterday. I can't wait to start it.

    Enjoy! =D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd like to read Children of Dust. I look forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I got these books, too! They both seem very different and very interesting, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Interesting combination. Happy reading!

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!