Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Library Loot- March 25


Library Loot hosted by Eva and Alessandra
asks us to list what we brought home from
the library this week.








I was very, very, very good this week. I only picked up 3, yes you're seeing the correct number, 3 books this week!!!! I'm actually doing a pretty good job of getting through my existing stack so I'm really trying to restrain myself! Here's what I brought home:



Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult

* I brought this home Saturday and finished it Sunday. Again, Picoult doesn't let me down. After I was done with it I was left with a lot of questions that don't have any easy answers. Totally recommend to anyone out there.







The Girl She Used to Be by David Cristofano

* I'm blaming this book on Melly from Lit*Chick. Read her fantastic review here. Once you've done that you'll understand why I had to get this one!!







North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley

* I read a beautiful review of this book by Amanda at A Patchwork of Books.
I knew that I had to read this book after that, so I get to blame Amanda for getting this one.






Believe it or not, that's all!! I'm slightly bewildered myself but it's a good thing because I really need to get all of those other books read. I hate having to take books back that I never got to open.


To Read List Total today 3/18/09 : 651
Last week's To Read List Total 3/11/2009: 632
Books Read in 2009 to date: 36

19 comments:

  1. I read The Girl She Used to Be last month. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staci, are you serious you have not read a mystery? Thanks for popping in to read my teaser. I am having a contest starting tomorrow for a tea shop mystery, OOlong Dead. Should post arounnd noon time. Be sure to enter. You can't read the serious stuff ALL the time. LOL! I just signed up to be a follower. It might be better to have your follower list closer to the top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see another good review for Jodi Picoult's new one. I'm definitely going to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it may only be 3 books, but they are 3 good ones. I have Handle With Care on hold at the library-the list is long. I see you liked it though which is good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Handle with Care in my to be read pile. Good to know that it's good. I'm looking forward to it.
    I will be adding those other two to my queue. And your blog to my reader!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3 was my number too :)

    Have heard about the first 2 but not the third so will give it a closer look

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed North of Beautiful. Made me really want to go to China too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read really good things about North of Beautiful, so I'm trying to find time to check it out as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to control yourself! Lately, I've been getting only two or three books for the same reasons. It breaks my heart to return books without having had a chance to read them.

    Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a lovely range of covers. I'm interested in Handle With Care, but it isn't released in the UK until the end of April. Still, tome to catch up on my reading arrears!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These all sound great! I haven't read a book by Picoult in ages and I really need to get back to her books. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Only three? Are you feeling okay? Do you have a fever? ;-) Jodi Picoult is such a good author, isn't she? I can't wait to read Handle with Care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the shout-out. I hadn't heard of North of Beautiful but I'm adding it to the tbr.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Only three?! You are seriously slacking, woman...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't visited the library since my branch was closed for renovation. I did visit the main library for the first month after the branch closure but I have forgotten about the closure and books were overdue! I should have been more mindful and responsible with the due date.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ok, now I have 3 others to add. these all sound good. i'm glad it's spring break, maybe i can get some mega reading done.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Girl She Used to Be and Handle With Care caught my eye. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of them.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anna- I just posted my review of Picoult's book and will be doing Girl She Used To Be later this week. Both of them were great books.

    Mel-always good to shout-out your blog..you rock! I think you'll like North of Beautiful!

    Lexi- I was slacking wasn't I?

    Matt- I can't imagine having to wait so long for my library to do their renovations. As a librarian I would've deleted your fines!!

    Sadako-Hope you find time to check out North of Beautiful. Let me know what you think!

    Saveophelia- It breaks my heart too when I have to return without reading...hate doing that!

    Fleurfisher- Wow, you have to wait almost a full month after the US release date? That stinks!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!