Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Wrapping up 2012 reads....

After stepping away from blogging on a schedule for the past two weeks, I'm ready to get back into the swing of things and get back to posting again. But before I can do that I have to post about the final books that I read in 2012. These will be short and sweet.....as usual!


When Snow Falls (Whiskey Creek #2) by Brenda Novak
Super short synopsis: Family secret, waiting for Mr. Right, and discovering love.
Source: NetGalley
Reason for reading it: Set during the holidays and the super-cute cover!
~This was my first Brenda Novak book and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. I liked getting to know the two main characters and found myself falling a bit in love with the "bad boy" Dylan Amos. Liked it enough to read the first book in the series, When Lightning Strikes.




Rapture in Death (In Death #4) audio version by JD Robb
Super short synopsis: Someone is controlling people's mind with virtual reality games and making them committ suicide with a smile on their face!
Source: Audible.com
Reason for reading it: I am totally addicted to this series and quite frankly, I adore Eve. I love her bad-ass attitude and how she never gives up until she has the right answer. Roarke is still as hot as ever and they are certainly getting their marriage off to a smokin' start! The narrator, Susan Ericksen, absolutely makes this so enjoyable!!





Twelve Days of Christmas by Trisha Ashley
Super short synopsis: Holly's husband died before Christmas so now she does everything in her power not to be happy nor to celebrate Christmas. But house sitting in a manor house on the Lancashire Moors during the Twelve Days of Christmas will bring changes to her life.
Source: Purchased .99 cents from amazon.com
Reason for reading it: I was still in the mood for reading fluffy chick romance and found this book that took place in England. Sounded perfect and it was! I loved this story and the characters. Made me want to book a ticket to their little village and hopefully be asked to stay!! I will be reading more from this author!



Every Secret Thing (Kate Murray #1) by Susanna Kearsley
Super short synopsis: Journalist Kate is unwittingly embroiled in a murder that happened during WWII and has to run for her life in order to bring the aging murderer to justice.
Source: Purchased from amazon.com earlier this year
Reason for reading it: I absolutely LOVE everything that Kearsley writes, so when this was available on my Kindle I bought it immediately. I loved Kate and thought the whole story was brilliant. I always enjoy how Kearsley weaves the past and the present quite seamlessly and makes the reader believe it all. I hope she continues on with this series.


A Fatal Grace (Three Pines #2) by Louise Penny
Super short synopsis: Someone electrocuted the hated CC de Poiters in the middle of a frozen lake, in front of the entire village. Yet no one saw anything.....
Source: Public Library
Reason for reading it: After reading A Still Life, I knew that I would continue on with this series and can I just say that I made the right decision? There wasn't one thing that I didn't love about this book. Chief Inspector Gamache is becoming a favorite character of mine and I love Three Pines with its eclectic cast of townspeople. Fantastic way to spend a cold winter day.....




Six Sentence Bookish Thoughts #65-69
© 2012, Staci of Life in the Thumb. All Rights Reserved. If you reading this on a site other than, Life in the Thumb or Staci's feed, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.

23 comments:

  1. I LOVE your short and sweet reviews. Seriously!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary!! You always make me feel good!!

      Delete
  2. These all sound like wonderful books for the season. I will have to look up Kearsley's book. She's such a good writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this author big time. So much so that I'm going to buy her new release in hardback straight from the UK!! I never do that!

      Delete
  3. Nice and short :) Yay, hihi, well I like it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to try a J. D. Robb book! I'm impressed that you're starting the new year with a clean slate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got to get to that Kearsley book! I've loved everything she's written.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of those, but do have A Fatal Grace (like Louise Penny a lot).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your posts this year and can't wait for 2013!! And guess who got TWO MORE Jill books on New years?!?!?!?! That's right :) Reading "Instant Temptation" right now .. and I think Harley is my new fave character of hers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great reviews. These sounds like some good reads for the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Short and sweet reviews are my absolute favorites! Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice wrap-up. Must feel good to start off the year clean. LOL. I need to not hit any reading bumps this year. I got stuck on one in October and it cut down my reading by about 15 books last year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you loved EVERY SECRET THING because I really want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like you had a lot of fun with holiday reads and mysteries!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying the J.D. Robb series so much!! I'm rereading (or listening) to the first book right now and am liking it. I still think I prefer the print version but it has been to revisit these books on audio. I need to find the time to read the 2nd book in the series by Louise Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you read a couple of my favorite authors: Louise Penny and Nora Roberts (J.D.Robb). I've also read Brenda Novak but it's been quite a few years. Your "sss" are a fun way to catch up on your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm loving listening to the In Death series and currently am on #32 Indulgence in death. Somewhere in the middle of the series is when Erickson started recording, then went back to the first so there are about 3 where she hadn't perfected the voices yet. I have a couple books by Kearsley in the stacks. Brenda Novak is wonderful and has a couple real creepy books that are so good, especially The Perfect Couple. I'm going to have to try Louise Penney again. Thanks for your wonderful reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would like a sequel to the Kearsley, too! She is Canadian and it was the only book by her set in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Twelve Days of Christmas is on my kindle after reading that you were enjoying it. I better put it on my list to read soon before it gets lost in the great kindle netherworld. Inspector Gamache? I think I am in lurve wiz heeem.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow - you really ended the year on some high notes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Huh, how did I miss that Susanna Kearsely? Woot woot just got it on my kindle :)
    Your Christmas reads sound lovely too, I'm making a list for next year lol. Awesome post ... love the short & sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really must try to read (or listen to) a Kearsley book this year.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!